Wednesday, September 9, 2015

SIZE

I love this time of year with all the fall colours
 and warm sunny afternoons.  Ahead of us the weather is unknown and can even be stormy.  Winds  blowing nature's finery to be fall from the branches and walked upon and to be racked into piles to be jumped upon.                  Yesterday dad and I went to Value Village a huge barn like  kind of a building with rows and rows of clothes and shoes and household items etc. wait to be looked through.  The amazing thing is that there are some really good expensive items hanging there in the midst of junk and more junk.  Dad picked up two excellent jackets good to wear on his bike in the cold and wet weather.  He did not do so well with pants they were short and skinny and then far to long and fat.
 
I did no better either I picked blouses that were too tiny or large enough to be a tent.  We can take them back.  We both get tired very quickly and usually it takes time to find the good stuff.  There are not many things in life were one size fits all.
 
I do not think that science can prove or disprove the existence of God.
There is a searching for most of us to find the right "size" of religion that suits us.
Surely the first scientist was God who created such a variety of creatures and plants etc.
 
For me I do not need to defend Genesis as literal but I am attracted to the notion of an intelligent being involved in evolution!
 
We need science to help us discover answers to all the problems we face each day.
 
I need faith to guide me in making choices about what to do with my life and to strengthen me and give me a wider perspective on things. 
 
Our lives count more than we know!
 
One size faith does not fit all!
 
Went for a short walk, made some borscht and visited some old friends, Dorena and Nick.
 
 
 

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Cooking bortch, that sure sounds like a fall thing to do.
It is pretty warm and muggy here this morning, but I think it is suppose to cool down a bit.

Class went OK, I am sure I will be super tired by Friday though. Mary was going to come out and visit but she did not get on the road in time.

beth bennett said...

Hang in there.
love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Value Village and the Mennonite Thrift Store are two of my fav haunts. It is amazing what one can find there. But you need to go often and take the time to look. Living so far away makes it hard to do that! Some of the things are so old fashioned...like fur trimmed coats from the 1950's.
The Borscht soup sounds yummy..always good with sour cream. Fall is a joyous season, with it's riot of colour and earthy smells and sounds. I always enjoy hearing the sandhill cranes migrating through...usually any day now. they croak constantly and fly so far up in the sky.

I haven't played at church for a couple of years, but had a call from a friend who asked me to play at her partners funeral. My friend is a pianist too ( she used to play at church quite a few years ago and she doesn't care for the regular piano player at church...I have to admit she is very faithful at playing every Sunday....but she plays by ear and pounds out the songs....to the point it hurts my ears. It was difficult for me to say no. I am teaching a workshop that day ( a Sat) and will have to cancel it...but will do that for my friends. Sad, we have lost another long time resident of Victoria Beach.

The deer came overnight and ate my nasturtiums...leaving tall ugly stems sticking up....grrrrr. There are less deer because the three resident wolves are preying on them. The wolves were over at a cousins yard sniffing around where they ahd killed chickens. That is Roxie Ateah's home. Indigo saw them, her son.

Love, Nancy