Sunday, September 6, 2015

REFLECTIONS

It is not often I want to be in two places at once but on Sunday morning I did want to go to church, until I found out Ben was playing another game and dad and I do like to support him and Mikey.  Mikey is still in a lot of pain with his back and it is really hard for him to have to be sitting there, so at least some of the family can be there with him.

Dad also is having pain in his feet and he agreed to use  the walker and the little seat to go to the second game on Saturday.  Actually he had ridden his motor-bike over,  after we left in the car,  but could not find Ben's game with so many games going on.

I am fortunate to feel secure in my faith that where ever I am,  the sense of the spirit of God can be with me.  I love to sing and learn from scripture but just not today. 

I like the definition of faith as an openness to truth which allows me the freedom from a strict adherence to church attendance or to dogma as a set of beliefs. 
We have all heard the words I can be closer to God in nature than in church which has some merit.  I know that taking time to enjoy the beauty of my garden and our woods and has been healing for me.  I also know a simple prayer reminds me of the love that flows in and around us all.

What makes a place holy?  Does God create it to be or is it our human nature?  How can a mountain be sacred for three different religions?  A small and humble place, like a closet entered in faith, is a sacred place for me.  That it is why it is important to have an uncluttered closet!

One of the most important things we can do is to love our neighbor not fight for the right to be where we think is our right to be.

The faith that comes out of a simple minded and generous heart is a blessing to all.

So I am off to see these young boys and girls play with courage and determination and we can cheer for both sides!

4 comments:

Mama Lee said...

It's great that you went to support your family this morning. Sometimes we just have to decide which seems like the thing we should be doing because we want to, not because we feel we have to.
Today is such a beautiful day, sun shining & huge white clouds in the sky. Take it all in.

Love, Lee

beth bennett said...

Thank you Lee.

love beth

Anonymous said...

Four days off now . It is freezing cold, with showers and strong wind. We are going out for Father's Day dinner a day late .
Ken

beth bennett said...

Better late than never.

Hope it was good!

love mom