Wednesday, September 23, 2015

ATONMENT

This is a special day for those of Jewish faith called Yon Kipper.
which I believe stresses Atonement.   This when sins are forgiven
especially sins between us and God.

Any reconciliation between you and another person is done before this day of prayer and fasting and worship.

It was customary to wear white which stands for sins made white as snow.

This is one of the most important days of the Jewish year.

I have been reading about the Jewish survivors of the Holocaust.  One such person is Gena Turgel  who writes in her biography "I Light A Candle" which even while reading it puts your mind in a numb shock.  She beings of message of hope that gives her courage to tell her story so others may understand and find hope in their suffering.

We have so much to be thankful for especially our freedom.
Being able to open a window, cook and eat a warm meal, sleep in a comfortable bed and sharing our days with loved ones.

Today we started our Jet Lag Bible study and I am so thankful for the freedom to meet and share our ideas and opinions openly.  It is good to be getting back into things.  First church now my study.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

finished my run of early shifts. I had a two hour nap then we went to a movie tonight
Melina has an interview on Tuesday for a part time job with Qantas. She will do ok I am sure.
ken

Sandra said...

Yes, we have so much to be thankful for. I guess our problem can be since we have never suffered as so many other cultures and countries have we just done realize how fortunate we are.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

I would highly recommend Melina.

Good for her applying.

Love mom

beth bennett said...

Did you notice Haiti's tail in the picture?