Friday, September 18, 2015

PURELY POSITIVE.

Some days it is hard to fight off the negative thoughts especially when you are in pain.
Negative thoughts can settle like a dark cloud over your mind and the light of hope so hard to see.

I do not know who was happier to see Sandra, the two of us or Haiti.

We were in  a bit of a mess when she arrived moving things around and around.  Dad does not often complain about things but I said we had better change it.

Dad's feet are extremely painful so he soaked them in the soaker tub most of the morning.  He is also getting sharp shooting pains that are very scary.

He has had bad, painful days before so hopefully he will start to feel a little better.

None of us know what our future will be but I believe we can face it when we have to.  For now the most healing thing to do is brush the negative thoughts off one by one.  It takes courage to live each day with chronic pain and courage to decide that the choice of how we will cope is always ours.  The future may seem hopeless but there are still things waiting that only we can do. 

There are things to be done, or said, or written that can not be done by anyone else.

For me the spiritual dimension of life gives it meaning.

"We must never forget that we may always find meaning in life even when confronted with a hopeless situation, when facing a fate that cannot be changed.

For then what matters is to bear witness to the uniquely human potential at its best, which is transform a tragedy into a triumph, to turn ones predicament into a human achievement." 
Viktor Frankl  -  Man's Search for Meaning.



3 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Moving things around? As in furniture? Is that really a good idea?

I'm sorry to hear Dad's feet are bothering him so much.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

Yes, pain can certainly over take your life. But I guess that is what pain is all about, telling you to pay attention something is wrong. I hope the rest of your afternoon calmed down.
I forgot to go do my blood work this morning, I guess I should set my alarm for tommorrow, I wonder if they are open on Sundays.

beth bennett said...

There is one on Scott Road that is open Sunday.

Kim is off to the Country Market in Langely and Carol may go with Morgan and we may drive by,

See you later.

love Mom