Wednesday, September 9, 2015

HEARTBEAT


We take the slower road home to enjoy the green fields and rustic barns. 

This is all very lovely but I start to worry about the crock-pot I left on high.  Of course we had stayed much longer than anticipated, so much to catch up on.  What a surprise to find their grand daughter had been playing in the same tournament as Ben and she is a goalie too.  We will be on the look out for them another time.

All was well when we arrived home as Kim was already home and had made a salad  for us to go with our borscht. Bowls were ready for us on the table.  So great to have Kim and Haiti back with us.

 Thursday is suppose to be very warm again.  I will go visiting and maybe try driving.

Desmond Tutu writes about prayer being the heartbeat of faith.  A quiet silent prayer brings a new presence into my morning room.  I welcome the spiritual energy this love brings.  Later I will go out walking and continue praying for friends and family.

I am finding more and more how important a sense of balance is when I am walking,
 without it I would crash into people I pass as I go walking.

I am not jumping out of bed like I used to do with an awareness that the day may hold some surprises for me.  Right now I am seeing the trees with all their leaves but soon the structure of the tree will be exposed.  Life seems to give us moments of beauty but then there will also be moments of stark reality.  We need both.



5 comments:

Sandra said...

From all that you and dad still do I am surprised that you do not jump out of bed.
Sleeping horrible so no jumping out bed for me either!
Two more days then off to Kitchener!

Sandra said...

From all that you and dad still do I am surprised that you do not jump out of bed.
Sleeping horrible so no jumping out bed for me either!
Two more days then off to Kitchener!

beth bennett said...

That is a joyous time to look forward to!

Hope you sleep better to-night.

love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Ben is doing so well in the soccer games. I see he and his team won a medal, but couldn't tell if it was gold or silver....please tell Ben that his cousins at VB are cheering him on to and proud of his accomplishments....yay for Ben and his team!

How wonderful to arrive home to Kim and Haiti...and your supper all ready for you! She is such an amazing girl in all she does....so full of life! You are lucky to have her staying with you and giving you a hand with things.

Interesting comment about prayer being the heartbeat of faith. Praying does have a rhythm to it....a beat....especially when we pray in unison with others.

Carl is off to the doctors clinic again. He has a catheter now until his urologist finds out what his problem is and it is bugging him to no end. He has been to emergency 3 times and to see his doctor once. Also had a minor surgical procedure. He had a bladder infection, which started it all.

Well I have to get back to fall cleaning....I wish you and Larry a wonderful day...how great it is to hear you are able to go for walks again!

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Do hope the doctors can help Carl.

What a tough time.

I am praying for him.

love beth