Friday, September 11, 2015

AN OLD WOMAN

P9080637
"Prayer is not just an old women’s idle amusement.
Proper;y understood and applied , it is the most potent instrument of action".

For me it is just having a chat with God trusting I am being heard.
“Putting your energy into the world shows that you are open to change, to learn, to receive help and to see the needs of others.
Which is why we often pray "what can I do?"
DSCN6102



I try my best to keep up with Carol and loosen up my steps
while keeping my balance.  Theresa gave me the best Grannie award years ago but I think both Carol and Sandra deserve it now.

I had a short walk and then a visit with Gundy.  She has a different view about things that are happening in the news.
She certainly is always thinking.  I do want to keep up my visiting.  I was with Jim and Joyce at the Seniors Home on Thursday.

Kim is off  to the beach to absorb lots of sunshine.
 She is usually brown as a berry by this time of year.

She is cooking fish stew at her mom's house and we are invited. 

Yes, I am an old woman but there are now new opportunities for me each day.
I can linger over my morning coffee just thinking about life.
I enjoy each flower I see on my walk
and enjoy the songs of nature that sing to me in the stillness.

I rejoice that I am still alive because life in all it's stages is precious.

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Yes, there certainly are perks in being old....I do enjoy the slow mornings with that extra cup of tea! I still feel guilty at times and think I should be working!
I really liked your comment about enjoying the songs of nature that sing in the stillness. It sounds like something the Lebanese poet, Gibran would write. Have you read his books? I was given my first one when I was quite young, called

It is a good thing we all have different opinions about things....as I like to say in my art class, when we line up all the finished paintings and see how different they all look, even though we all painted the same thing,......life would be pretty boring if they all looked alike! It is amazing how different they look.

I decided not to teach the teen art class in Selkirk at the Art Gallery this fall. We just have too many medical appointments. I will teach it at home on Saturdays....I won't have as any students, but it will be easier for me...no packing up, no travelling and no supply
buying.

It is so good to read that you are going out doing your visiting and back to walking daily....I am so glad you are feeling much better, Beth.

Have a great Saturday,

Love, Nancy

nancy-Lou said...

Kahil Gibran,
Thoughts and Meditations
The Prophet
The Wisdom of Gibran

forgot to finish!

love, nancy