Wednesday, September 30, 2015

OCEAN VIEW

Nature, no matter what it is, the ocean, the forest, a mountain, grass or the flowers have a calming effect on me.

It is beauty that awakens and transcends the soul into a new reality!

This picture was taken with dad's camera by Carol.

We have many memories as dad and I drove into Van.  It is funny how memories come rushing back at times. One was the one where dad lost his memory and did not know where he was driving in the city.  I managed to direct him to the Sylvia and then off to Surrey Hospital.  I desperately wanted to go to the Van. hospital but he thought if we ate first it would help.

Our visit at the Sylvia was a real treat as usual.  We met an interesting couple from Scotland whose daughter plays professional soccer.  They took our picture but it was awful.  My dressed looked crocked and my smile a grimace.  Dad looks charming as usual.

We did not walk on the beach as we usually do.  The wind felt chilly to me and dad's feet too sore.  We also did not walk around to the little stores for the same reason.  There will be a next time I am sure. Dad wanted to shop and buy me a present but today he bought me the best present of a new compost container as the racoons again got into my compost and it is a real mess to clean up.

I ma so thankful for a thoughtful husband!

I am so thankful for a thoughtful friend like Jane who I talked to on the phone today.
Other friends like Lee!  John and Pat, Cathy and others.  They are also having health issues.
I am reminded how much I need friends.

I am thankful for the many wisdom teachers!

"Let yourself be silently drawn to what you really love.  It will not lead you astray". - Rumi


THIS IS MY FATHER'S WORLD

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Maybe you need to start taking the wheel chair with you when you go out? It was a perfect morning today, watching the sun start to lighten the sky and the clouds glowing. Also, I was watching for Randy's plane. He ended up having to stay in Calgary for the night as he did not make his connecting flight. His first flight was 2 hours late as they had a medical emergency earlier.

But, he is landed now and is on a mission to get a second coat of paint on the door. You will have to come by this weekend and have a look.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

I wonder what colour Sandra and Randy are painting the door? perhaps a bright red?

What a poetic photo Carol took of the sea and the birds....it could be a painting....an etereal painting...I would think a pastel painting...with all the soft colours. I can see the artistic talent there, Carol.

Awe...too bad you weren't able to go for a walk around the beach and to the shops. We have the same problem. Carl cannot walk far at all and he is far to heavy for me to push in a wheelchair...plus he is very stubborn and does not want to go in one. Soon we will have to enlist help ....whether is be our sons or an orderly at the large hospitals, where one has to walk so far.

I am so glad you and Larry were able to celebrate your annniversary at the Sylvia and what a practical present he bought you....one I would appreciate too!

Our son had a family of skunks under his shed earlier this year, and being the nature lover he is, he just enjoyed them...they never sprayed him when he was outdoors with them and his cat had a lot of fun with them too....they were so cute. Now two have found their way up here and Max and Bella go crazy barking at them when they see them out the front window.

How is your shoulder Beth? Are you able to use it fully as you did before. I sure hope it is all healed now.

Have a lovely day,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

I do not expect my shoulder to heal quickly but maybe one day it will all be fine.

We are enjoying the wonderful weather and dad was even out reading in his shade deck on Wed.

Love Beth