Saturday, September 26, 2015

SLEEPLESSNESS

I am fighting the tiredness that wants me to lie down and read and nap.

I am hoping I will be able to sleep better at night but it makes for a long day.

According to an article in the paper my experiences in the hospital at home recovering were very sleep disruptive.  Yes, it is good to think when I wake up I've been kissed by an angel. (Carol)

What a delight to have Carol and Morgan stop by.  Morgan shows us her new dance moves

Haiti thinks it is a new game and joins right in.

I had a good walk in the morning with Haiti and the two of us called on Gunty and she opened the door as she was happy to see us and especially Haiti.

Good news that a social worker is now calling on her which relieves  me of some responsibility.

It is sad when you cannot trust people especially your own family.

Dad and I are happy to be invited over to Carol and Panteli's for supper.  I was planning to do a big shopping for groceries but I will postpone that for a day.


dad is going to try some new vitamins recommended on the web page for painful feet.
We have to keep trying and take as much responsibility for our health as we can.

Ben was back playing soccer and I think he found it stressful.  He was not happy at the ref.

Finding out just what we are responsible for in this life can be a bit tricky.       Yes I drink re caff.






3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Beth I am sorry to hear that you are not sleeping well. I find two natural things I take really help me to sleep. One is a supplement called 5HTP and it works really well. It contains seratonin which is found in turkey.....that is why we get so sleepy after eating turkey.

It takes a few days to kick in. The Health food stores carry it. Also I drink a cup of Camomile tea an hour or so before retiring. I usually sleep like a rock....but have been on meds for the chest infection I have...50 mgs of prednisone are really keeping me awake..towards early morning. But I am finished it today...yay...that is one tough drug...gives me the shakes too. Feeling lots better.

How sad to hear that Gundy, your neighbour is so fearful, especially of her family. Wouldnt you think she would be much better off in a senior's home? I guess she really wants to stay there...but gosh what quality of life does the poor dear have? You are such a caring neighbour to look out for her.

I just finished watching the 29 complete episodes of The Tudors....all about King Henry the 8th and honestly how wicked they were over religion was a travesty....The fight between the Catholics and Anglicans and even the Lutherans.....wow...what they did to prove they were the very best and the ONLY religion. Have you seen the series? It was a CBC production and is available on DVD's. Probably at the library.

Good to hear you were having supper over at Carol and Panteli's place. It is so nice to be asked out. Today was probably the last hot day until next spring....it was 28C with a strong wind. We BBQd for supper....steak that I marinated and our neighbour's little Maltese came for supper too...so we had three dogs to feed! She comes in the cat pet door ....she is so tiny. I am worried about her because we have two packs of wolves here now....conservation has caught them on trail cams and they have set six traps...and caught a large black female so far. Sad to see...i love all nature, but they have now killed 6 dogs and quite a few cats....they are very bold and seen in our yards at night.

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

What movie did you see? We went and saw PAN last night . Nona , Melina Jasmine and I saw pan. Jesse , Josephine and Matthew ( second time ) saw Maze Runner. Pan was good , at least better than I expected . I don't believe vitamin's can help Dads feet , i would keep trying mainstream medicine.
Ken

Anonymous said...

We went and saw The Intern with Robert DeNiro...heartwarming and little sappy, so Carol liked it, and probably Grandma did too. Panteli