Monday, September 21, 2015

MISSING

On the road to White Rock trying to take a picture but missing the scenic view because we are driving so quickly.  The sun is sparkling on the water so beautifully.

This was after dad came home from a long bike ride.  So long I was ready to declare him missing.
I start to get panicky  feelings with my heart beating faster and my mouth becoming dry as I start to image the worse which would be dad fallen down in the Water Shed Park on some lonely trial.  How would I ever find him?  I feel almost faint with fear.

There I was undecided about what to do when he rides happily up the drive-way.

What if all the things that support and encourage us in our life of faith and trust were removed how long would it be before I missed them.  I am talking about the Bible, prayer and worship, preaching and teaching, hymns and spiritual songs to name a few.

Without this outward structure my internal spirit would become dry and dull.

There are many times when I do not know what words to say whether it is taking to God in prayer or talking to a friend or family member.  I believe that some things that we may see as rituals  have within their use a sense of sacred wisdom.  This is called divine grace!

From all these sources through out the years I believe we all have found a wisdom and a strength we may not have realized we have.   A life force!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it is hailing outside. We are being hit with a real cold spell. The kids are trapped inside until the weather warms up. I haven two more early ,early shifts. sorry to hear your arm is still sore and Dads feet are sore.
Ken

beth bennett said...

That is no fun for you or the kids Ken. You will be happy when the early, early shifts are over.

I am taking a pain pill before I do a big exercise and that helps.

is good dad is back on his bike as exercise is what we both need.

Love mom

Anonymous said...

YOUR BLOG TODAY REMINDS NE UF THE JOKE , " l worry all the time and it works really well half the things l worry about never happen. Jane.

beth bennett said...

Yes Jane I think that is my philosophy.

love beth

Sandra said...

Does Dad not have his cell phone when he goes on a ride?
Yesterday and today are just perfect fall days, very nice to have the coolness at night and the warm sun on your back during afternoon walks.

Did one of you have a doctors appointment?

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Missing....I can imagine how worried you were about Larry. I worry about Carl too....if he falls he cannot get up again without aid.Glad he came home safely and you went for a nice ride.

Missing.....sad to say we had another family pet attacked by wolves and it was just five houses away. The dogs were sitting ducks for wolves because they were chained to dog houses.....two shepherds. One had it's dog house pretty much wrecked and the chain was torn off and the poor dog was dragged into the bush. The owner woke up, it was 4:30 am, and ran out with a hatchet. He scared the wolves off and was able to care for his dogs....the one is in rough shape..badly injured. Conservation said they have trail cams and have seen large Timberwolves. They tore apart another dog just a mile away...it's body parts were all over the yard and just the hide left. So now they have a professional trapper setting traps. There has been 7 dogs in our local area attacked and 6 killed.

Residents have been feeding the deer in the winter causing a huge increase in the number of deer...which in turn has brought in their predators...the wolves. It is illegal to feed the deer and I know they will be charging people who feed them this winter.

Everyone is wary and keeping close tabs on all pets.

Beautiful weather here...cool nights and bright warm days,

Love, Nancy


beth bennett said...

Yes, dad has his cell phone but did not hear it.

I have an appointment on Friday.

That is sad Nancy to hear about the dogs
and well meaning people who are adding to problems.

Yes, a lovely day today.

Love Beth (m0m)