Monday, September 14, 2015

ETHICS

Morning walk with Haiti who has already had a walk with Kim.  I am much slower in my going in the morning.  I use to walk with the children going to school but now I am walking with mom's who have started a walking routine.  They all seem so happy and such good walkers.

Later in the day walking home from the Safeway I am walking with another group of ladies carrying mats under their arms.  There is a place for Yoga right by the Safeway now.

Dad had a bike ride today which is always good.  It is getting cooler here too especially at night.  I think the forecast is for rain.

I had a talk with Traudl and Brian.  She sounds better but has a lot to go through and they are supporting each other.

Dad talked to Larry Olson and he has to do exercises for his sciatic back problem or it seizes up on him.  I feel better and will stop moaning about my exercises which I still find painful. 

I was thinking about the meaning of ethics and looking at the life and words of Jesus I would say he was a very ethical person and his followers should live out of the ethical standards he promoted.

 If some one is in need you give to them, if lonely you visit them,
If sad you comfort them, help them to find work and be hospitable even to strangers.





Learn to do good,
Seek justice
Aid the oppressed
Uphold the rights of the orphan
Defend the cause of the widow.  -Isaiah 1:17

"Some one else's physical needs are my spiritual obligation."  a Jewish Mystic.


2 comments:

Sandra said...

Well, walking is walking and when you are doing it is not all that important of a detail. It was nice to have the walk to and from the hotel every day to make up for all of the sitting.

Nice to be home and back in my own bed.

Now to hunker down and concentrate on school!

Anonymous said...

Last late shift tonight. We have a film crew in our office the week or so. I will let you know when the behind the scene special is on.
The kids have two days left then off for school holidays. Two weeks.
Ken