Saturday, July 15, 2017

LIGHT


Morning is the best time of the day for me.  I love how the light comes slowly to rest on the flowers
I am full of ideas and plans for the day  but in these early morning moments I take time to pray and use my imagination to increase my awareness of God's presence.
''In prayer we can see things in a new light"
"We believe as Christians that Jesus has given us the ideal eyes by which to see the real nature of reality.'  -Richard Rohr

God refuses to be known except by love.  Love that encompasses other religions and seeing what I believe can add to what others believe.  In the words I hear there is a deconstruction of our society , a cynical response to everything.  We all see things differently and because of that respond to life differently.

I see goodness even in times of tragedy and since God is good He is still at work in this world today!

Because dad and I do not hear so well we often fail to communicate well.  Dad did not know I had made plans to meet Pentali at 1:30 and I was getting annoyed because he was not getting ready.  Life being really lived presents misunderstandings that test our patience.  Mine anyway.  We arrived late but enjoyed a quiet lunch with Panteli at Sharkey's.

When we fall in love with another person we see the world in a different light that softens the heart to others around us.

We can experience God's love when we see Him in a New Light.

Today dad and I have been invited to two parties.  One in the park with the twins who are now 1 year old.  Their parents are Des and Jason.  They are very grateful for all the help they have received especially from church friends.  This is their way of saying thanks.

After a rest we will be again going to party central Randy and Sandra's to have a big family gathering.  Should be a happy noisy group.  I will wear ear plugs because my ear drums are very sensitive to noise.  Another old age problem that I will have to live with.


No comments: