Wednesday, May 9, 2018

AGE

You are as young as your faith
as old as your doubt
as young as your self-confidence
as old as your fear
as young as your hope
as old as your despair.
-Douglas MacArthur

For our wind up get together we enjoy the food at the restaurant that was cooked for us.
As the time drew close to 2 the cell-phones were out as we waited for the emergency ring that was suppose to inform us of any problems.  Only one cell phone rang.  How disappointing.  Dad's phone rang so that was good.

Being with this young active group helps me to feel young and happy.

Nevertheless I come home and immediately lay down for a nap.
Dad makes me a coffee and even does his own supper.
I am feeling my age!

4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

My new cell phone received the alert. My old flip phone didn't but that was not much of a surprise.

Love,

Rick

Steady-as-rain said...

Oh, and your grandson Lucas now has the address for your blog.

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

I just wanted to let you know that Carl is in the medicine intensive care unit at the largest hospital in Winnipeg. I had to call the ambulance yesterday morning. He was very sick.

He is in very critical condition. He was fine until he had bladder resection for cancer, surgery last Thursday...he has many problems now..pneumonia, a very angry gall bladder with a large stone, he went into shock last night and had to have a drain put in his gall bladder, is on a respirator...and the list goes on. oh yes, renal failure as well. They cannot operate as he is too sick.

They gave him a drug to paralyze him a for a couple of days to give his body a rest...he was struggling to breath so hard...it was very hard to watch. He is calm today, they sedated him and he has pain meds. But it doesn't look very good. They cannot get his blood pressure up...it is really low, thus the shock.

I am really tired after many days in the city this week...will sleep better tonight. The doctors called me at 10:30 last nigh.They needed permission to put in the drain and update me. I hardly slept all night.

Carl is very strong willed and if anyone could bounce back it would be him...but the odds aren't great with all the things wrong. So I am prepared for what will come, both good and bad. I am strong. our sons are a big help.

Beth could you pray for him? We need all the help we can get!

What a beautiful azalea that is in the photo...love the pink colours. Is it one of yours Beth?

I am watching the jets game all alone...miss Carl. He loves sports.

Thank-you Beth....I hope you and Larry are doing ok.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Nancy what a shocking time you have had.

Yes you are both in my prayers.

I am thankful your family is near by.

It must be such an anxious time for you all.

I feel so bad

Love beth