Tuesday, May 15, 2018

THE QUIET

                                        All is so very quiet when Rick leaves.
                                        Dad and I are both out working in the yard.
                                        He is off to his conference in Richmond.
                 

                               We had enjoyed a visit to Ladner the day before for fish and chips.
                               A favorite of both dad and Rick's.  It may not be the best thing for either one of
                              them and for myself I know what it is like to not be able to eat something.

Dad continued to work in the yard as I headed wearily inside. He cleans up the mess I have made with the hoses and lawn mower wires.  He also finishes the work on the front strip of grass so it finally looks tidy.

What a nice surprise to receive a grandma card form Cameron and Shandel.  My first.

We end up siting in the back yard to have our lunch and listen to the quiet sounds the war=ter makes as it flows over the rocks.  Hard little cherry stones are being formed and fall with a little noise on dad's head.  This tree is making a big mess of our yard but the cherries will come in abundance I am sure.

We think about Sandra and Randy saying good bye to Peanut.  So painful.  So many years that she would greet them with a wagging tail and her beautiful eyes.  Their house will seem quiet too.

We think about Nancy-Lou visiting her very sick husband in the hospital in Winnipeg.  We hope and pray his body will respond to treatment.

We pray and we send thoughts to strengthen those in our family who need healing love.
Melina also is having health problems that are making life miserable.

My day begins with quiet prayer as usual for all my family!
We are all vulnerable and at times feel weary. but our love connects and strengthens us.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I am glad I decided to stay home with Peanut for the day. I will miss her very much, but at least I have Missy still and the kittens of course.

Taked to Mary yesterday and she had a good first meeting with the mediator.

Randy has been told that after we get back from Edmonton he is going back to his old job in operations. While he likes that job better we have both enjoyed him having a schedule and being able to plan things around him having a week off.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Good for you Sandra.
We have good memories of our last visit with her.

Lovemom