Tuesday, May 29, 2018

FACE TO FACE

I was putting water in our front pond when a skunk looked up at me.  I immediately ran away one direction and he in another direction.

This is the little room where we had an appointment with the Stem Cell girls.

It is a strange place as you go into a big door advertising skin care.  Their offices are through a small door down a long hall way.  We were face to face and from the start they were concerned with the skin cancer on his face.  The assistant was asked to take a picture.

The message was much the same as what dad had read and heard over the phone.  A gig difference seeing the environment and the faces of the girls.  The whole set-up was revealing. The girls were very kind, trained to listen, and to be reassuring. They were very knowable and were impressed by
dad.s personality.

The big  problem is to not do any harm and make things worse.

We all want to feel younger and be free of pain.and I would love to have more energy.

When I look at my friends I see the love and beauty in their eyes and in their smiles as we meet face to face.

Prayer helps me to say "Yes" to life".

Prayer helps me to let go of stress and worry.

Today I go and visit Joan at the Home.  A face to face visit with her in her big arm chair feeling lonely and sad.  A visit cheers her up and I leave her with a smile on her face!

To-morrow we attend the graduation ceremony for Kim.  Another beautiful face!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It’s good first step seeing the stem cell people. Not sure if you saw an Dr ? I have a builder coming over to look at my shower in regards to replacing the base that has cracked. There is possible water damage to the walls and floors . The carpet is wet four feet away. The Plummer had a looked and said we have to replace half the bathroom!,, I’ll get a second opinion. Melina still not %100 . The kids have made it to school on time three days in a row! Matthew bus leaves school at 09:15 to take him to swimming lessons.The traffic has been good this week ,no accidents so that helps.
Ken

beth bennett said...

No Ken we did not see a doctor
which made dad unhappy.
Wesee his family doctor on Friday
and need the approval of the skin cancer guy,

That is awful with your bathroom.Is there mold.

Praying for you all andespecially for Melina.

Lovemom

Steady-as-rain said...

Oddly enough, the fact that everybody was so nice makes me wonder a bit. Seems almost a bit more of a marketing exercise than possibly a truly medical process? Of course, I have no idea at all whether this stem cell treatment will help or not.

I see my sleep apnea people next week and will hopefully get a CPAP machine at that time. My sleep is now very broken up. Full of irritating wake-up dreams. At this point, wearing the mask and all that seems like a secondary consideration.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Thanks Ken and Rick,
We are hopeful but cautious.

Hope you both can get feeling better.

It is hard waiting and struggling.

You are in my prayers.

Another busy but happy day going to Kim's convocation.

Love mom

Love mom