Saturday, May 5, 2018

INHERITED

We all have inherited some of our parents genes, some good and some negative, but what we do with them is up to us.  We all have certain lessons to learn for ourselves and in the process become stronger.

Looking back like dad has been doing we see that our lives have taken different twists and turns.
I can now live with a new awareness and appreciation for these occurrences.

Sandra came over to dig up some of our over crowded garden and the digging was not easy.  We do need some better soil and will get some next week.  Dad worked trimming the grass along the front of our yard.  That where I have been trying to cut down tall grasses.

I started to make borsh in the crock pot but put the liquid in the very bottom not in the bowl that is placed on top.  Sandra admits she has done this two.  I am sure we all have made the same stupid mistakes at one time or another.

All things considered I believe I have inherited good genes.

1 comment:

nancy-Lou said...

Inherited....they say the genes skip a generation and I know in breeding mink they do...the black grandmother or grandfather will not appear in their kidsl...but in their grandkids...if one can call mink's kids, kids! I always found that interesting and was told by my Mother that I looked a lot like my Grandmother...unfortunately I never met her because she died when my Mother was 9.


hmmm making borsht in the crock pot and placing the liquid in a bowl on top.., now that is a new one on me! But I haven't made Borsht before. It isn't one of my favourites...but I do have it occasionally at a restaurant.

Have a lovely evening,

Love, Nancy
It is still very very dry here and dangerous for wild fires and forest fires. No rain in sight. Please add prayers for rain for Manitoba...there has been some very dangerous fires and people have lots their homes and farms. thank-you Beth.

Why does Larry need a stem cell transplant?

We had a lot of family here today...our sons and their girlfriends and our granddaughter...who I love so much! We don't get to see her often. She will be in her third year of engineering this fall...enviornmental engineering.
She will be leaving this week to go up north to work with the manitoba dept of highways. Staying in a camp or a hotel. Working three weeks on and one week off.
She will work 16 hour days. She did this the last two summers, but she worked in southern Manitoba where she was able to go home each evening. She is very independent and capable. Very proud of her!
Her name is Carly and she was named for her Grandpa, Carl.