Wednesday, May 23, 2018

SUFFERING



Hearts that are full of love will suffer when the loved one is suffering.  We actually can feel their pain.  Our love encourages us to embrace suffering as one vital form of participating  in the mystery of a God who suffers with us.  It can be a time of self-emptying that allows our hearts to be compassionate and more understanding

  We all have enjoyed reading about Nancy-Lou and her husband over the last few years.  We learn ed much about their lives, their family their problems and their failing health.  Yes, they have become like family.

We are experiencing the depth of their suffering as Karl remains unconscious on life support.  The doctors know now where the infection and blockage was and that is being taken care of.

We sent healing prayers to give the family strength and courage and wisdom.
They are trying to keep him free of pain.
It is not easy to know how to pray but prayer that flows from our heart to a loving God for healing and grace  is a good start.  Pray that Karl is free of pain.

.When I have been unconscious after an operation I was in a different world of nothingness.
I did not feel any pain.

In this life we are always balancing knowing with not-knowing.  We always try to find ways to end suffering by going to the doctor or the hospital.  We pray for all who are suffering with all our faith
Even in suffering there can be renewal and redemption'

Dad has an appointment at the Stem Cell Clinic on Monday just to talk.

He has suffered a lot with his nerve pain in his feet and legs so we are hoping to be given some answers for treatment.  The treatment they have mentioned in putting a needle in his brain full of sugar and alcohol.  I will go in to his appointment with him.

"Let it Be"

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Hopefully dad will get some help. Even if it is just to stop things from progressing. We had a good drive yesterday once we got past chilliwack. Should be in spruce grove by 2:30 today.
Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

I hope for the best for Karl.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

I will say a prayer for Karl , I hope he recovers. All the best to Nancy.
I have the weekend off, just did a run of early shifts. Matthew and Jasmine are signing today at assembly. I have to go early to get a good seat as I have to film it as Melina is in charge at work today ( plan was for her to go sick but she can’t as she is now acting manager until 5pm)
I am booked in for stomach test on the 18th of June. Seems I have low iron levels and has dropped significantly in the last 3 months.

Ken

beth bennett said...

Ken that is not very good news.
You must be feeling very tired.
I did not know that Matthew and Jasmine knew how to sign.

Nancy really appreciates our prayers.

Good for Melina being acting manager!

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Thank-you Beth, Ken and family. You have touched my heart deeply with your kind words and prayers. I really do feel like part of the Bennett family after all these years of reading your blog Beth and seeing all the wonderful photos and meeting each new family member through your blog...babies and in-laws through marriages. It is such a pleasure to be friends with you all.

Carl is still the same. His eyes were open and he could blink on thursday, but there was nothing there...not a thing. they were totally blank. It was really hard to stay composed and I didn't want to upset him, in case he knew what was happening. He is non responsive and the doctors have ordered an MRI of his brain to see how much brain damage there is. I suspect the lack of oxygen and the shock he was in for many days has done damage. There will be hard decisions to be made and I know what he wants. I would not let him go through living like that. I am strong...and have lots of support. Will keep you updated.

Isn't that good news about Melina being an assistant manager...good for her. I sure hope they can find out what it going on with Ken and the low Iron. Good luck Ken, with the tests and results.

We had a blessed rain the last two days...actually a series of thunderstorms. It has been very worrisome leaving the dogs and the house and travelling into Winnipeg almost every day for the last two and half weeks. The fire threat was extreme. I did have someone checking on the dogs. After the close call of nearly losing our house to a forest fire 14 years ago, I worry.

The summer folks are out in full force. the highways are very busy so I try to stay off them then and if I have to travel go when it isn't too busy...early mornings.

My poor little dog Max haw developed a severe case of diabetes...just around the time Carl got sick. I am giving him injections of insulin twice a day. But he only has weeks or a few months to live. Very sad. It came on very suddenly too. he lost weight and wasn't eating as much. His sister Bella, will really miss him. They are bonded and best buddies. He is 10. So there has been quite a few trips into the vets too....160 kms round trip. He has to go again and stay all day for a glucose exam...costs a lot, but he sure is worth every penny.

Thanks again for the prayers...and the caring words...

I hope Larry's meeting on Monday goes well adn he is able to try the brain injection..sounds scary, but the results will be so worth it.

Prayers for Ken and Larry,
Love to all,
Nancy

nancy-Lou said...

Thanks Rick for your message for Carl...will keep you posted.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...


thanks Nancy