Tuesday, July 2, 2019

COMPASSION

                                                  Hi Jazzy!  How is it going?
                             
Kim on their back balcony posing with her seeds that are growing.
She will be a very compassionate  art teacher.

It was wonderful to have a visit with Carol and Panteli and Kim on their nice cool balcony.  We had been sitting out on the bleachers at Paton's baseball game, sitting in the very hot sun.  It was a long way;l to find the right flied but on arrival both Paton and his dad, one of the coaches , came out to meet us and help us up the big steps,  We enjoyed and game and it ended 7 to 6 so it was getting close in the final inning.

When we left it a chain of people to help us with the big steps.  His mom Christine, the older boy Graceson, and another older man at the very last bottom step.  Everyone was very kind but I left a little embarrassed. 

When we arrived home we were extremely tired and we both had headaches.  Too much sun I think.  We were glad we went to both events!

Congratulations to Hamlet for his graduation from a difficult course to become a doctor.  We are very proud of his dedication and his desire to help those who are unwell.  It certainly is a calling of compassion.

Theresa also graduated and will be using her skills to help people.

Sandra has finished her studying for now and is busy moving furniture.  Just what the doctor ordered for a sore knee.

It was raining this morning and I wondered how Carol and her girl friends would make out at the golf course.  It ha snow stopped and dad has gone for a short bike ride.  Sometimes it is an effort to motivate ourselves.

Our Sunday service was about accepting and respecting those who are different than us.  Our minister, who happens to be gay himself, spoke from his heat about not having a choice.  We may not understand it but we all have different roles to play in life.

Without compassion the world would be overtaken by people who are really evil and cruel.

There are many things in life I do not understand but that is okay.  We all do our best!

I will be visiting Joan in White Rock today.  It is tough getting old and living in a nursing home can be a lonely place but thankfully many people who work there manage to be patient and kind.






7 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

It is good you continue to go visiting, although sometimes I think it might be over-taxing you.

Lovely news about Tyler and Aislinn getting married (but I'll never remember how to spell her name, had to look it up just now). This might be the occassion of my one and only visit to Australia, if I end up going. Lots of notice.

I think I will just get pampers for Mandy and James. Can never go wrong with that.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes Rick,
That is a good idea.

When will ou be arriving?

I want to visit if I can.
Does take effort but then it is\worthwhile.

See you soon.

Love Mom

Steady-as-rain said...

I will just drive to Sandra and Randy's place on Saturday morning for the babyshower and meet you and Dad there, then go to your place after.

Maybe we can go to the Green Lettuce for dinner? As I think the babyshower starts at one pm, so should be done by 3 or 4. Anyway, play it by ear. But watch Heartbeat for sure.


Rick

Sandra said...

I should hope it is not done by 3 or 4! It is not just a baby shower but our summer party slash Chad introduction. You can leave when you want to of course. But also if you leave and are even thinking about eating dinner we will not have done our job.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes Sandra
You will do your job!

I think we will stay later
but it depends.

Rick that is a good suggestion
too bad they do not open for breakfast!

Love mom

beth bennett said...

I know we will not be hungrey
but our energy may run low.

I am excited to see everyone.

Drive safely.

Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

I wasn't trying to cut short the baby-shower! :) ha ha, but three hours of eating, visiting, baby stuff, and sun (hoping it will be sunny) might probably be enough for me! I will bring my bathing suit.

Going to be talking to Craig and Leah about Craig's federal candidacy in the October election. And taking photos of the two grand-bratlings.

Anyway, probably the Green Lettuce won't fit in. I always like to see that fellow - Ronald? Gerald?