Thursday, July 25, 2019

DAY BY DAY



"Joy is the serious business of heaven."\
C. S.Lewis

One thing I remember from growing up was the beautiful trees that gave me shade as I walked and also the beauty when they met and formed an arch.  
So today is my birthday and I read my cards and receive a phone call from Mary and Simone.  Day by day, year by year the months and years fly by.  Today I get to choose what to do, what to eat and what to remember.  Many joyous days.

A good day to reflect on the meaning of life.  

Did I live a life of faith?

Did I laugh and sing with my whole heart?

Did I do my best to live a life of kindness and generosity?

Did forgive and also receive forgiveness?

I have felt the joy of being able to visit the sick and the lonely and hear the deepest secrets of their hearts which they may not have told anyone else.  I have beeen blessed to share mine with my loving family!

We all express the love of God day by day sharing and caring.

I be,ieve a snse of humor along with determination and courage are very important at any age.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

That was nice of Mary and Simone to call, I guess Sebastien was busy doing whatever boys do.

I always have a bit of let down once I drop off the last kitten, kind of "what now" feeling.

But, there is always moving furniture and painting walls!

Happy Birthday!

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, I like streets where old trees grow up over the street and form sort of an arch. There is a street in London England where I particularly noticed that. Can't remember the name just now. I guess hey probably grow up since WWII, as I can't imagine they survived that. Although, hmm, that could be an interesting story.

I'll call to say Happy Birthday tonight.

Love,

Rick

Shandel said...

You are such a wonderful being to this world. Bringing love and kindness and lots of good teaching moments to us all. Thank you for being. I am glad you enjoyed your birthday and cards. Have a wonderful weekend. Xoxo

beth bennett said...

I feel very loved and very special.

Love to you all

Mom and gramma