Wednesday, July 17, 2019

PREPARATION

It is important to be prepared.
I am prepared for power failure.
My early morning is a time for me to prepare for the day ahead.

Today is rainy Wed.  Time to organize our garbage that needs to be pit out to-night.

Sunny Tuesday was a busy day.  I was nervous about going to the doctor.  He did a very thorough test of my balance and my flexibility and my strength.  I would say he was not to enthused about me driving and asked why I wanted to do it.  

The thing is I do not drive very much or very far but it is nice to be able to do even a  little.  I really do not need to do much driving as dad is a willing chauffeur.  He drove me to the doctor's appointment and then over to visit my elderly friend Joan in the nursing home.  She is so very grateful for my visits and for dad driving me.  

I sat between her and another elderly lady who listened in to our conversation.  I thought Koan was not happy when she made the odd comment.  The good thing was when I left they talked to each other and it would be nice if they could be friends.

Carol had prepared a delicious supper for us to enjoy later that day.  I am so thankful for all the good cooks, female and male. in our family.

I am thankful we did get home from White Rock in time for dad to ride his bike.

Thankfulness is a wonderful way to prepare for the day, along with prayer.

Spirituality I see as a way to be free to grow and develop your own inner strength.  We cannot be ourselves if we look to others for approval.  It is living out your beliefs and looking ahead to many moments of joy that lie ahead for each one of us;



3 comments:

Sandra said...

That reminds me, I was going to try to work on my thankfulness as part of a morning routine.
Sigh, the list of things to work on seems never-ending.
I can't wait for that day when I am perfect! ����������

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Don't hold your breath Sandra I am not there yet!

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Well I am glad that the doctor approved of your driving Beth....I would be lost without driving a car. so are you good for another year of driving? Do they test annualy once you are a certain age, in BC? I don't think we have anything like that here. Just if family or your doctor notices that you are not well they may ask that your licence be revoked.

We went to Winnipeg yesterday and it sure was a test of my driving skills...so many road blocks and lanes all going down to one lane and having to merge. 5 times driving over to Ikea and of course 5 times coming back home. I think we hit every red light too. Then we shopped at Costco before we drove home. A long day.

That was nice to hear that you had a lovely visit with Joan and the eavesdropper..lol! How old is Joan? Does she have family who visit her?

I taught my last lesson for this week today and it was the hardest one. Very hot and very noisy with other workshops going on at the same time. There was a sour dough bread workshop...a fermented veggies workshop, a folded paper workshop and a cross stitch workshop as well as my watercolour workshop. All in the same room.
I didn't eat or drink or sit down for 5 hours...just taught. We did a watercolour of the Moonlight Inn, a historic restaurant here. I had a lady from Dallas Texas, one pre teen from London England and a professor of architecture from Chicago...the rest were from Winnipeg. The beach is full of people from all over the world. There were over a hundred bikes parked in the bike stands at the parking lot...I will take a photo of it and post on
FB. The bikes were left there by cottagers who drove them up from their cottages and left the there to get their cars and go to Winnipeg or somewhere else.
I am so glad that we live in the unrestricted area of Victoria Beach. I wouldn't want to have to walk, bike or take a taxi for over two months each year.

AHHH perfection! Well I don't think we will ever find that in this life. We always seem to be striving to do things right, don't we?

Have a lovely evening,
Love to you both,
Nancy