Thursday, July 18, 2019

GIFTS

                             The gift we have to offer our children is the love we have for each other
                             
                                                    The future is what counts now.

                                Dad is the story teller and writer and I am the listener.

  We are unique individuals and deal with life differently.

Dad's stories are full of heroic deeds of great adventure.

We love you all equally , the best we know how.

Today we came home with heavy hearts after viviting Vera, our dear friend.  She has taken a  turn for the worse.  Now is the time for her family to be there.  The reality she is close to death ovwewhelms me.  Another friends comes and is very annoying because she is very talkative. 

Thankfully the nurse came in to offer Vera more medication.

What a gift it is to have compassion.

We are thankful for the fun times we have had together.  The gift of friendship is to be cherished.

5 comments:

Shandel said...

Sorry to hear about your friend Vera. ❤❤❤

beth bennett said...

Thank you Shandel

Love grama

nancy-Lou said...

It is so sad when the time comes to say goodbye to our dear friends. I am sorry to hear that Vera is taking her last journey home. I am sure you wanted to sit with her in peace and the other lady had to come and talk your ear off! Some people just don't get it, do they?

My best friend is getting very forgetful. She has been for a while now, but is seems to be getting worse. I worry about her driving and living alone. I want to talk to her about it but I don't think she is ready to discuss it. But I tell her that I am always there for her if she needs me. And I am. It is so sad to see.

But on a happy note my classes are all going along swimmingly. I am far too busy for an old lady, but I guess it keeps me young. I love teaching, so as long as I have the energy I will continue. I had the loveliest young lady in my class yesterday at the VB summer clubhouse. She is 11 and from London England...Wimbleton, to be exact! Also had a lady from Dallas Texas. Next week there will be another lady too from Chicago. We have people visiting from all over the world.

I had theory classes on Monday, painting on location on Tuesday with my class, Tai Chi in the evening, Winnipeg trip on Wednesday, painting class on Thursday and today cleaned the house and had four various ladies visit me...all unrelated. I think I need a holiday!
Oh yes, and we do a full set of exercises and tai chi every morning. That takes a half hour.

How is your garden Beth? Do you have some blooming roses? I remember my great aunt having a beautiful rose garden when she lived in New Westminster. We visited she and her sister, my great aunt too, every year. Always travelling by train, when I was a child.

Our garden is doing well now. We had that second picking of broccoli for dinner tonight. scrumptious. I have strawberries to pick in the morning and soon the beans will be coming full blast. I have zucchini as well and cucumbers. There are tons of raspberries to pick and the saskatoons are just about ready too. MMMMMM I wish I could post some photos but I will on my facebook page,

Well I am going to go and sit with Ken and put my feet up,

have a lovely evening,
Love to you both,
Nancy

beth bennett said...

Thanks Nancy
I am so very happy for you.

Off to bed.

Love Beth

Sandra said...


Thanks for the good conversation yesterday! Being opinionated and loud is not limited to the males of the family, that is for sure.

Had a swim when I got home, then supper, and supper nap and then a bit of tv before bed. Pretty lazy day all together.

Sandra