Wednesday, July 24, 2019

HILARIOUS

After lunch dad and I drove down to have a visit with our friend Joanne.  I met her years ago out walking.  She always had a story to tell and it was always hilarious.  She lives in a big house with big rooms and big furniture.  I felt like the picture you see of a small child sitting on a big chair looking so tiny.

She had made G.F. blueberry pie and telling how she made it was hilarious.  It was delicious even .though it was crumbly.  Not bad for her first attempt.  She had a captive audience to tell her stories of the ups and downs of her life.  Even sad stories became hilarious with her telling of the tale. I couldn't believe we stayed three hours.

Today Mary Gaule is coming for a visit.  I wake up this morning thinking of things I ought to be doing.  Cleaning up inside and out.  Will it be warm enough to sit out back.  I hope so. Mary is a friend from church we have known for years also.  She has a great sense of style and always looks beautiful.  I am envious but then I think I am comfortable just the way I am.

I continue to search for cobwebs in my thinking
but this morning it is the cobwebs in the living room that need attacking.

"Before I tell my life what I want to do with it
I must listen to my life telling me who I am."   Parker Palmer

I value these dear friends and the times we can spend together.  Laughing together is good medicine.

4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

A good story teller is wonderful to listen to.

I'm at work and because I woke up at 4:45 am (sore back), that means I am very sleepy just about now. Luckily, I was busy in the morning when I was wide awake, but not so much now.

Sandra and Randy told me on Sunday they are likely going to move back to Spruce Grove at some point. So I think if I win the lottery I will buy Sandra and Randy's house so that when they go back to Edmonton we can continue to have family get-togethers at the pool in the summer. Of course, I'm not likely to win the lottery. :)

I should call Leah tonight and find out if she is feeling better.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

That is a wonderful idea Rick!
We can always dream!
Your Big card arrived today.
The words meant a lot to me!
I will have a fun day to-morrow with family at Carol and Panteli's

Love mom

Sandra said...

That would be a nice thought, our house still being in the family. I have learnt that plans are nice to have, but you just never know. So, we continue to buy lottery tickets so if we win we can move to Tsawwassen!

Oh, and have a happy birthday, see you tonight at Carol's

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thanks Sandra

Love mom