Wednesday, July 3, 2019

FAITH GIVES US ENERGY TO OVER COME FEAR,



A little sunshine is always welcome,

Yesterday was a cool day.  Dad had a bike ride before we set out to visit Joan in the Nursing Home in White Rock.  I appreciate that dad and I can do this together,

Joan has become a friend after 19 years of visiting her.  She is not able to walk and on my last visit she mentioned how fearful she was at having to go to the dentist.

When I arrived at her door there was a big White Van that had the word dentist on the side.  Oh hear. 
I walked past all the elderly folks sitting in the front hall down the ail to her door.  She was just in the process to being transferred by a sling into her own chair from a much bigger chair.  

I could see that she was terrified.  Her head had fallen down on to her chest, her eyes were closed and her hands out to the side stiff like claws.  The girl whose job it was to take her there left right away.

I couldalmost feel waves of fear coming from her.

I sat on the bed close to her wheel chair and I took her hand very gently.  I told her my name and that everything had gone well and she was now bad safe in her room.

I have known the paralyzing power of fear.  I have experienced the power of prayer that can transform fear into trust.  First I felt all the worst emotions one can feel.  Anger, pain, rejection and loneliness and the biggest fear of all is that I would never be able to get over my fears.

I did!  It was a miracle!  Any my desire now is to share this experience with others,

I sat with her calmly and quietly holding her hand.  I could see that she was in no condition to respond to anything I said.  After 30 minutes I prayed that she would feel surrounded by a loving presence that was there with her.  She did not open her eyes but she relaxed and seemed peaceful.  I prayed for her inner strength to give her hope.

We all touch each others lives in many different ways and in blessing others we find our life has a meaning and a purpose.

I hope that we realize we are sending waves of love to others!  !

4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

It is always good to bring comfort to someone who is afraid. That is a nice story. I'm sure she appreciated it.

Love,

Rick



Sandra said...

So it sounds like she was put under to have something done?
Lincoln is getting some teeth pulled and root canals I think and he is getting put under as well.
I talked to Dad and invited you both to come by tomorrow (Friday) around 12:30 to meet Chad and have lunch.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thanks Rick.

Thanks Sandra.

Shandel said...

❤❤❤