Monday, August 19, 2019

HOPE

                               Each new day challenges me to find things to feel hopeful about.

Today people who have been living in tents downtown Vancouver are being evicted.  They must feel very hopeless.

A young boy, only four, went missing in Lions Lake  yesterday.  I prayed hoping for the best.  What a relief to hear in the morning he had been found after spending the night in the forest.  Anyone who has had a child go missing knows what a helpless feeling that is.

It is good to hear something in the news that is hopeful.

At church we hear the news that the little Ladner church where Mary was married is now closing.

Some of the congregation came and joined our service.  They actually where sitting in my pew.  I did not mind but it was funny to see them there.

I have experienced feeling hopeless, especially when doctors could not find out what was wrong with me.   Both dad and I were feeling hopeless.   Determination has kept  me hopeful.  I want to believe my prayers are being heard and will be answered in some way at some time.and that renews my hope each day.

It is always important to keep hopeful.  It helps when there is so much to be thankful for.  Not much hope for our football team but maybe the hockey will do better.

We went to the library and to Boundary Airport for a bite to eat.

Home to do the watering as it still has not rained.  I was hopeful it would.

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Isnt it funny how we have our own pew at church. My husbands family always sat in the third pew from the front on the right side...but now they are all gone and I rarely go to church so it sits empty..

How long can your church stay open Beth? I thought it was closing soon. Sad to see that happen.
Our church is kept alive by the many summer cottagers who attend Sunday service. The Anglicans always have a service all year. The summer cottagers have their own service before the Angilcans....usually a different guest minister each sunday. The church is non denominational and is run by a board.

I am exhausted to be honest after the two day art tour. It always is extra work getting ready so really there is three or four days of hard work and no rest. I am finding it harder this year...my age is creeping up on me I guess.
I taught the theory lessons today and tomorrow I have an art class..and I am really too tired to do it. But don't want to cancel. Will see how I feel in the morning.

Did I tell you we are going to move to my house? I think I did. We are starting to pack things that we aren't using...and ken will soon start to pack up his shop....he has so many tools and saws etc...it will take him a long time to go that and again a long time to get them organized at my house. I downsized by about 80% when I moved here so I don't have a lot to de pack except for my art and music things.
My renter hasn't found a place to buy yet...and we aren't pushing her...so it may be a winter move. which I really don't want to do. I have done that twice before and it was no fun!

I am so glad that you and Larry get out often to have lunch or dinner and you do other things together as well. it is important to do things.

The two day art tour was very successful. The best in three years for me. I had quite a few sales All I took were original paintingsn and it was a lot easier than selling cards and prints. I have a new card reader that one can tap and the sale goes through...really handy.
it is called Square and it is square.

Well it is getting late and I am very sleepy so will say goodnight..I wish you a good sleep,
Love to you both,
Nancy


beth bennett said...

Nancy
Our minister on Sunday was tired out from the day before looking after grandchildren.

She did fine until the end of the service and then admitted she forgot the ending.

Hope you can get rested before moving.
Love Beth