Wednesday, August 14, 2019

SERENITY

                                         My definition of serenity is being good to yourself.

Another definition is the state of being calm and peaceful and untroubled.  Feeling at one with my life.

Dad drove to White Rock to drop off the plant to Joan who had some minor surgery.  She had been extremely worried about it.  Everything went well and she was much happier which makes a better visit.  So I sit beside her in a circle of elderly ladies and one gentleman.  All eyes are on me as I come in and sit with them.  They watch all the time I am talking to Joan and then when I go to leave they all wave and say good-bye.  One lady thought I was Joan's daughter and we are about the same age.

We planned to go down to the beach to take pictures and I discover my battery was dead and dad did not feel like getting out and walking.  He is still learning about this camera.  I find just driving along by the water gives one a feeling of serenity. 

We came home and had cake and ice cream.

A day that started in the silence of the dawn and now the day is coming to a close as the light begins to fade.

It is good to find peace doing what you think is worthwhile and blesses others.


3 comments:

Sandra said...

That sounds like a pretty lovely day. I sat outside reading well into the dusk. I did not go for a walk, I have to get it back into my routine.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

READ BY KEN ...
WROTE MESSAGE THEN COMPUTER ATE IT ... GOING HOME FROM WORK .......

beth bennett said...

Thanks Ken,
I am glad you read it and try again soon to comment,

What is happening with your family?

Love mom