Saturday, August 10, 2019

WEAKNESS

                                          Sharing our weakness is the only true way we heal.
As long as we keep active we can ignore our feelings'
A lot of energy is used in building a false self.

but as we age we do not have the energy to do the things we used to do to keep us busy.
So for years we have been able to keep our fears and anxieties hidden even from ourselves.

I give a sequel of terror as I am watching T.V. and the mouse runs across the room.  I feel unsafe in my warm T.V. room.  I want to run and hide under the bed.  Why are we the only people who cannot catch mice.  This one is smarter by far than us.  Dad sets some more traps and we try again.

The only thing he likes to eat is my chesterfield!

Happiness takes practice as we accept our weakness in body and spirit.

I am thankful that my faith is built on the security of unconditional love  that touches us in our brokenness and weakness.

Today dad will drive me down to White Rock to visit Joan who is very lonely surrounded by other very lonely people.  I can bring her a little happiness and reassure her that I have not forgotten her.

No comments: