Thursday, May 21, 2020

CHOSEN

I went out first thing in the morning and there were no ducks in sight.  Later when I went with Spenser the lady duck was sitting in the gutter water near my neighbor's car.  I am hoping they fly away at night.  The racoons were in our pond last evening.  Will they hurt the ducks?

I am enjoying exchanging books at the book bin at the park.  
I am choosing books that I have never know about before. I love to see my books get chosen also.
I also return them after I have read them.

When you read Paul you discover that not only our tribes chosen but they are also predestined to be chosen.  They were chosen for a purpose and the responsibility of sharing their faith in a God of mercy and love.  One God is enough.

Jesus was chosen to bring this good news of the freedom of God's love to chose each one of us by giving us gifts that will bless others.  Each in our own small way.  No one is better or more superior.
We each have a purpose to live out in our own way.  Instead of becoming narrow minded expand your mind and open your heart to accept one another.

Dad is going to the Physio-Therapist this after noon at 3.  He chose to take Advil instead of the drugs prescribed for his pain.  He does not like the side affects.  I think this is going to be a slow process but relief will come as he is healed.

We are on a path of discovering how old age changes us.  Life can be beautiful at any age when we choose to see the beauty that speaks to our open spirits.



7 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

The book exchange at the park seems like a good idea. I just got a book about Christopher Columbus.

Yes, one God is enough.

It is kind of cute that the duck likes to splash in the gutter. So it is kind of lucky that some pipe is leaking somewhere. It was nice the Brittany (?) lady came by to check out the situation. I'm sure a cat/dog/raccoon will get after the duck at some point, but maybe it is a LUCKY DUCK.

I got a haircut today (which was a bit of a production) just in time for my video job interview tomorrow.

I will have frozen pizza for dinner tonight. I have developed quite a craving for pizza lately.

Love,

Rick

kim said...

I'm not so sure that a racoon would bother a duck. They are on completely different schedules, raccoons are out at night and ducks during the day. But I do remember something attacking our chickens when I was kid.... dont remember what it was.

Theresa said...

I love the concept of tiny/little libraries. They are a good example of placemaking and help to develop a sense of community. I love how each one is unique. My friend Willow and her family went on a road trip in B.C. and Washington State all planned around little free libraries. It was a fun research trip before they built their own. They are a family that loves books! I have been reading more. Morgan has been reading much more than me. We have been trying to support our local bookstore. They are open for pick up but are not currently accepting used books.

Nancy said...

The raccoons will eat the ducks eggs, if they have any, but the ducks can fly so should be ok. I love the little book kiosks too. We have one quite near to Kens house and I will miss walking by there daily and peeking in to see what is new. I borrow and take back and add. Ew ones from my stash. Ken will build one for us once he isn’t busy with the move and the garden.

We are at his house, which is empty now and for sale. The breeze off the lake is ,overly...I do miss the lake and the 180 degree view. But my house is much smaller...1260 sq ft and better for us retired folks.

Did you know we have a dog? We bought him from a kennel. He was the stud dog, a Schnauzer and the most loving personality. He Was socialized, but lived there all his life. He really didn’t know how to communicate with us at first...didn’t look us in the eye...and was terrified of the outdoors...shook for two weeks when I walked him..it just took one poo in the house and he was house trained.

Never went out except in the run...didn’t know brass, didn’t know steps, didn’t know how to respond to many commands...but he knows it all and more. Now. We had him neutered and his shots right away...

You may see photos of him on Facebook. He is a handsome fella. The breeder was retiring and so happy Pedro got a good home. The breeder and his wife were very French...and Pedro only knew a few commands, but in French, good thing I know French! Now Pedro knows all English and French commands. Lol

How is your dog doing? You must enjoy his company very much I know we sure do.

Well we are off home now. To our house on the hill. It is on a sand hill and the trees are different than the lakeside house...jack pine and spruce and lots of fruit trees and blueberries. Saskatoon s too. Have you ever had Saskatoon? They are really good ken loves licking berries...I am a lucky girl have lots of them in freezer still reaspnerries in particular. Mmmm

Love to you both, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Nice to hear from you all.

I love hearing what others are doing.

Our little dog is wonderful company and so very loving.

More duck stories to-morrow.\\

Lov emom

Sandra said...

Hmmm, seems i have competition in the comments department. Kittens take their medicine much better than momma cat. She hates me now, but that is ok.

beth bennett said...

Nobody likes taking medicine.

I grew up taking Caster Oil and that was awful.

She will be thankful one day.

Love mom