Friday, May 22, 2020

WILD

My wild garden

Dad had a wild night wrestling with his pillows
He is very tired and feeling weaker.
It is a shame we do not know the results of the x-ray.
He will go to physio to-morrow.
It is very hard to find personal meaning when you are in pain.
We value the gift of life and the gift of courage to see us through.
Hopefully dad has a better sleep to-night.
Loss of sleep can easily make one not only tired but depressed.

The duck returns after a night away.
She is sitting in the little water hole I dug.
I think we have done all we can do
we just wait and see.
We did ask the experts.

           Spenser and I went out to look for the ducks and we were joined by two mothers doing the same thing with their children.  At 4 there was no sign of the ducks.  It is fun to enjoy a walk with your neighbors and get to know them a little better.  The one girl Angela knows dad and says she will come and visit.  I wonder if that is okay at this time.

We now have a neighborhood watch group.

"My concept of God" :writes Sheila Cassidy,  "is of a very wild, mysterious, transcendent God who allows suffering to be mystery we need to live with."  We like to question and to rebell and compain but it is what it is.


5 comments:

Sandra said...

Back pain can take a while to get better. I know after I had my car accident I did physio for almost a year. I am sure dads will not take near as long.

I half hope the ducklings dont hatch as I can't imagine a good ending for them where you live.

I worked all morning since I wasted so much time the day we took momma cat to the vet.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

That is not good that Dad is having so much pain. And it makes it worse when you have to worry about the x-rays, and not knowing what the results are. And I very much agree that not sleeping well makes everything worse!

That is quite a cute image of a little parade of people looking for the duck.

I will call later this morning and see how you and Dad are doing.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Good to keep in touch.

Love mom

Anonymous said...

We went for a tour of a High School Matthew may attend next year. Its about 30 mins drive away. Matthew could take a bus or a train. Matthew selects three schools he wishes to attend and they advise us in August which school has offered him a spot. I am still stood down , fingers crossed by 1st week of July we may start flying again. domestic flights only .

Ken

beth bennett said...

Hi Ken,
It is hard to believe Matthew is selecting a high school.
An exciting time in his life.

I hope that the flights start again soon.

It has been a difficult time for many.

Thanks for commenting
it is so important to keep in touch.

Love mom