Thursday, May 21, 2020

FUN

I think one of the worst things about this pandemic is that it seems to have tried to drained a lot of the fun out of life.  There are rules everywhere you go and that will be the way it is for awhile.

I am happy we had fun getting together for mother's day and to open my mother's day present.

The ducks have brought some of their friends to the neighborhood.  Now there are four of them.
They do not worry about social distancing and they walk close together as they cross the street.  I wished I had my camera.  

Dad and I did not have a good day today.  Dad was late getting to the Physico because he had to walk over because we could not find the car keys.  When he got to his appointment the girl did not want to let him in because he had not filled out the form for the virus.  Did he have a sore throat or a cough or had he been near anyone who has been sick or has he travelled out of the country.

They were not happy because he was late.

I went to the Safeway to pick up medicine and was told to come back in the morning.  This was after standing in line to get into the store and another line up at the Pharmacy.  I looked disappointed and they said they could do it by 6 o'clock. 

Spenser and I went over later and the security guard took care of him while I went into go it.
I guess it pays to be old sometimes.  I got a few groceries while I was there and two people offered to carry them for me.  I said I just lived near by so it was okay.

We went out to Brown's for supper and the waitress made a big fuss over seeing us.  It was not busy as people do not know it is open.  They have less tables set and the waiters and waitresses are wearing black masks.  I find it hard to hear them talking through them.  But my hearing is not the best.

Will I still get comments if my ducks fly away?

Yes the keys had been hidden in the car behind some gloves which was unusual too.









7 comments:

Sandra said...

Your title should be No Fun. That must have been very hard for dad to do all that walking. Did he find the appointment worthwhile?

Have you given up on wearing your hearing aids?

What would you have done with Spencer if the security guard did not want to hold him since you can not take him into the store?

Just busy here working away at work stuff and planning when to give drugs to cat and kittens.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Questions to be answered.

A very long walk for dad.
I came home from the store and kept looking for the keys.
I find often you have to go back to the first place you look.

I am not putting my hearing aids in right now.

I will for the next party.

HE did not find it too helpful but has another appointment on Sat.

I have out dad's drugs out for him!

Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Sorry you have to do all these trips to the store/pharmacy, Mom. I wish I could help more.

It is nice to hear about Nancy-Lou's dog and how they had to train him after he was just used for breeding for so long. I never would have thought of that!

That is bad that Dad had to walk so far for the appointment, but it is good he did not give up and just not go! I'm sure he was tempted at some point.

Glad the security guard held Spenser. I suppose it helps that he is just a little dog.

More ducks?! Goodness, you will make the local news yet!

Love,

Rick

Theresa said...

That sounds like a frustrating day for both of you. I feel awful when I see older people waiting in long line ups. I think there should be a fast lane for people who need it. I think most people would not mind that. It certainly a time when we all need to working on our ability to be patient and gracious which really is most beneficial to ourselves than it is to others.

Ken Bennett said...

I can imagine you buying Duck food mom.LOL ... Horrible weather here , wet and cold . We took the kids to the park(Samual and Skye were here for a sleep over) we went VIA the creek. I got wet feet as the water was over the bridge. We got home when it got dark . I hope dad is feeling better.

Ken

beth bennett said...

That was quite an adventure Ken. Our sleep overs allowed?

It will take time for dad to heal.

We both have to be careful not to fall.

Take care
Love mom

Anonymous said...

Yes sleep overs are allowed now.
ken