Wednesday, May 13, 2020

FINALLY

                                        Finally we achieved our goals for dad.
                                        He needed an x-ray and pain Meds.
This was going to be or third trip to the Emergency.  We went to Delta.  First we phoned dad's doctor for a phone appointment.  He said he would get a form filled out for an -ray.  He would order some Tyndenal 3 from the Safeway.

We waited for the fax but finally phone the office and they only send them out at the end of the day.

We phoned the delta Hospital and they said they were not that busy at the x-ray department.  That was good but he had to go all through the stages first before he could see a doctor.  When after 3 hours he finally saw a doctor he game him a good check-over which was good.

It would take another hour before the x-ray was taken and he was released.  Spenser and I waited in the car.  I took him for a short walk on the grass.

We stopped at McDonalds for milkshakes on the way home.  Dad had half a sandwich left over and some potatoe salad and some peanut butter cookies.  I picked up his pills from the Safeway.  I tok affirmative action and insisted I did not need to wait in line to just pick it up.

The cute guard said she would check first before I could enter.  She said there was no pills for dad.

I insisted I needed to drop off his prescription that he got from the hospital.

I was losing faith in his doctor by then.

We are both hoping and praying or a better sleep tonight.  I know my dreams were full of fears of the worst kind.

Face your fears and you will finally overcome them.

Thanks everyone.

Randy for getting us food.

Carol and Sandra helping us to keep going.

Hamlet and Kim for good advise!



4 comments:

Sandra said...

After all of that I hope you both got some sleep last night.

Not much happening here, just waiting for the world to open again.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Probably not really a good idea for you to go to crowded pharmacies/grocery stores, Mom.

But I'm glad you eventually got the T-3's and Dad had a better sleep.

Love,

Rick

Ken Bennett said...

Nice and sunny here , but cold. I hope you got a better sleep last night. I am starting to develop sleeping issues , I wake at 3-4am and cant get back to sleep . I am having weird dreams of work and talking in my sleep !!! Kids back to school 9 June , I am stood down until 6 June .
ken

beth bennett said...

Yes both dad and I had a better sleep.

Ken I sometimes wake up at 3 or 4 and cannot get back to sleep.

I took some mild sleeping pills for awhile but stopped for now.

They really did help.

I am up early and usually am very tired at night time.

Have you tried Melatonin. We have some.

Sleep is so very important. I find I dream more now too.

The girls Sandra, Carol and Kim are coming over to sample from my basket. Saturday.

Should be fin.