Monday, August 15, 2022

ONE

                  

COLD weather does bring on the cold and flu.
Hope the children are feeling better Ken.

I am better at getting rid of junk.
and at times I wished I had not given an item away.

My day often begins and ends at the park.
 
There are times when our lives are changing.
I let home in Regina to move here with dad.

One thing I have learned is that one person can not meet your needs.

It takes a family.

Yes I left a  job where I was being promoted.
Receptionist to the boss over the typing pool.
I had started out as one of the group.

Yes my heart was set on getting married.
Little did I know I would be in a battle for my health.

I began to start a life of prayer.

It gives my life meaning and hope every day.

Talking to a God of unconditional love
gave me strength and it still does.

Laura will not be coming for a few days
her 90 year old mom has passed on.
She was the love that  kept the family together.

I did not sleep well last night
I was thinking of Laura and her family.

I believe that our thoughts can be our prayer.


 

2 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

Sorry to hear of Laura's mom's passing.
Hopefully, the kids will go to school today, Matt still has a sore throat but he should be ok to go.
last cold miserable days of winter here, wind and rain. When there is no wind and sunny it is very nice. A good sign of impending spring.
I bought Melina and the kids tickets to KISS, two years ago, it was postponed for over a year. The concert is on Sunday night.

Sandra said...

I am sure Laura will have lots to do over the next while. I believe her mom was already in a home, so at least no home to clean out. Sandra