Wednesday, August 31, 2022

COURAGE


I have to go on my old computer to find my pictures.  I publish it and then transfer it to my main computer.  I have gotten used to typing on it and it is much bigger so I see better,  Very strange,  

I was thinking how as we older we need courage as well as determination as well humor and honesty,  

Facing any kind of illness is not easy especially when the doctors do not know what is wrong.
It took years for them to find out I was celiac and I was so very fortunate to have dad supporting and encouraging me,  I am happy Ken is supporting Melina.

I was very happy that Laura stayed to help dad take the bandage off his big ugly cut.  She helped taking the plastic bandages off and then helped clean it up.  She was not happy with the way it looked and will see it again on Friday.  Dad is reading out on the back patio and letting the sun and air get to it,
Oh no a wasp has just stung him right on his cut,  

I was thinking of the courage it must take to enter a competition like tennis knowing you will not be the winner.  But losers are important or there would be no race.
 
We went to the store called winners and I left feeling like a loser as I could not find what I was looking for.  You have to keep looking for what you want in row of clothes pushed together,
Dad got a pillow so he was happy,

I have already lost my first writing so I will stop now

"What is success?  It is being able to go to bed with your soul at peace.
Pablo Coelho

Each day we receive the courage we need to face the day,  That is always my prayer.

2 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

Even the losers in elite tennis earn probably 200k a year. Not bad while playing the sport you love. I hate shopping for clothes, that's why I would steal Dad's shirts as he would always buy new ones.
We have already made plans for fathers day, going to dinner and then a movie. Bullitt Train.
Melina loves her new car, and Jasmine loves the heated seats! I was going to buy a new car as well, but I think I will just use the old one for a while longer. I don't really drive much now. I want a new car when I go on a long trip to start my retirement proper. I am up watching Canada vs Sweden (4am starts) in the Women's world championship.

Sandra said...

I would have thought Dad should go to the doctor, but oh well.
Sandra