Wednesday, August 17, 2022

OLD FASHIONED


                                                Another sunny day.  I cannot believe that summer is nearly over.

                                               I love the fall too. The fall colors , nature showing off.

My ways and values may be old fashioned.  Looking over  some  summer clothes I realize they are old fashioned.  Some are too big and some are too tight.  Yes my shape changes and now I have no shape at all.  Time to go shopping.

I had plans to go out looking for something new to wear but our neighbor Natasha who lives beside us and who we talk to over the fence welcomed the invitation to come over for a drink.  Coffee or tea?

She is an amazing person who writes for the movies.  She is happy to be working from home now.

She loves the squirrels and the birds but hates the raccoons.  She says they eat squirrels,  She names the squirrels that come into her yard.  Her favorite one knows her name and comes to eat out of her hand.  She has lost a leg and we have called her  Hop a Long.

Her mom has cancer and she now goes into town to help her.  She is very knowable about cancer because so many in her family have suffered with it.  Even L one had the same as Carol and she is better now.

We value her friendship. 

"I realize that I have all the tools and resources  I need.  Now is the time to make choices and live out what I value."  I am happy being me, old fashioned and secure in my faith and my love for family and friends.  I am happy we can live in our own home.

Old dreams have been replaced with new.  New friends added to the old ones.  New challenges.

Anything is possible if you keep dreaming.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, I went for a walk last night and the street lights were on by the time I was home. I always think you are very nicely dressed, more modern than me!

Ken Bennett said...

I had a nice visit with Matthew after school yesterday, Melina worked back till 4pm. Jasmine went to the mall with her friends.