Wednesday, August 24, 2022

SLEEP

                                                  New mothers know how important sleep.

                                                  My advice is to rest when they rest but that is not always easy.

I was pleased when dad decided to have a rest in the afternoon yesterday.  When I went up to wake him up for supper he was sound asleep.  I went back an hour later and he was still sound asleep.  He admitted it was hard for him to wake up.  I was getting concerned.  The last time he had done this he was having a slight stroke.  I asked him if he had a headache and he said no.  He could speak all right.  I was getting worried.  Do I phone 911?  The ambulances are all too busy and the emergency full.  I wait another hour.  I am very worried. 

What a relief he gets up to go to the bathroom.  I am trying to remember the signs of a stroke.  Should I phone family?  No I must make this decision myself.  He falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow.

It is another sleepless night for me  .In the morning he tells me he was dreaming and wanted me to stop bothering him.  He laid down at 3.  in the afternoon.

I want to be helpful and kind but life will ask questions I cannot answer.  I do my best.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Maybe he was just catching up from the bad nights of sleep?
Sandra