Saturday, May 9, 2009

FAMILY NEWS

I am looking forward to seeing the family to-morrow.

Both my mother's day cards have arrived from Ken and from Rick. I will open them in the morning. Rick also arrived here last night; he had to return to U.B.C. He will go to church with us in the morning. He is out looking for another book store in Abbotsford this afternoon.

Dad and I went to a reception for Doug Greaves, the minister at the little church in Ladner, he is marrying Mary and Michael John; the ceremony now to be at his small very quaint church. We have got to know him through our book study. He has been in ministry 40 years. Several people talked about him and we know him as a very special and caring person.

I could not find my purse just as we where about to leave and looked everywhere; even the frig. We left not being able to find it. When I got home I started searching again and accidently found it behind the door into the living room. You feel like you are going crazy.

Dad has gone off to get some lumbar to make window boxes in which I would like to plant vegtables not flowers. They will sit out in the back I think but maybe he has different ideas.

When I think of mother's day I think of how much influence a mother has upon her children. We learn so much just by being with them and watching what they are doing. I certainly appreciatte all my mom did for me. I remember her curling my hair in rags or putting it in pigtales. I remember her reading us stories and taking us to the 15 cent store where we could buy one small item. People did not express much emotion in those days and I do not remember her saying she loved me but I know she did. I am glad the good memories come back because it was difficult to see her so ill in her last years, unable to talk or move. She was always happy to see us come and would try to wave when we left.

I was always happy going to church with her and dad; to me it was a holy place filled with happy people and wonderful music.

No comments: