Friday, May 29, 2009

MY NEW CELL PHONE

AFTER PICTURE
BEFORE PICTURE OF GARAGE

Yes, I now have another cell phone which I put in my purse when I went visiting. I had never heard it ring. Yes, I did expect not to be too long visiting because we planned to go down to the bank when I got home.

Sometimes you cannot control situations and I was there longer than planned. I was making my last visit when I could hear this funny ringing noise that I thought was a new form on intercome. I was impressed with this musical ringing noise and thought what a great improvement on the noisy gong that usually rings and frightens you have to death.

As I was driving home I heard this new noise coming from my purse and the light dawned on me that it was my new cell phone. I tried to find it down in the depths of my purse and flipped it open and said hello but you have to press an answer button. Dad who had been working very hard painting the garage was very annoyed because I had not answered the phone, and thought maybe I had crashed the car.

Consequently we had sandwiches for supper then went to the bank and then on to Glenn's [Cathy's husband] birthday party. The girls always put dad in a good mood. They are always so happy to see us. Just like all our grandchildren.

I am reading about the top global problems which not everyone agrees on. They include climate change, hunger and malnutrition, financial instability, water shortage, lack of education, on going conflicts, government corruption and lack of education and gender inequality. Then their is new deseases, HIV/AIDs and lack of good hospital care and good doctor care in our own country.

I would add spiritual emptiness caused by the abuse and misuse of religion as we know it today. Meeting after meeting is being held in Colebrook Church to reconcile strong differences. There is still a battle about who can marry people in our church. Can the old minister who made the rule only the regular minister can perform the services, now come back because a dear friend wants to be married there.

Sadly he is now forced to conform to his own rule.

Personally I think compared to all these other problems in the world it is a sad commentary on the church and causes more reasons for the failure of our young people to come.

We sing we are the church and we are to love one another as equals created in the image of God.

Anyway Janet is back from China and I will be going for a major walk over to see her. Dad is taking Gracelyn out for lunch so that will be fun for them both.

I now know what my cell phone sounds like. There are lots of bus stops and benches on my way home and I will not have to hurry so I can rest if I get tired coming back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When did you take the picture of Bennett's
mountain?
Ken

beth bennett said...

WE WERE AT THERESA'S HOUSE AND DECIDED TO STOP BY ON THE WAY HOME ABOUT SIX WEEKS AGO - IT WAS VERY COLD OUT THAT DAY.