Thursday, May 14, 2009

VOTER APATHY

This is the topic on the C. B. C. this morning; only about 49% people voted. I know all my friends talked about politics as we had our Bible study luncheon testerday. With such a close victory for Walley Opal in South Delta it seems 2 or 3 votes could have made a difference.

We seem to get really caught up in the American Politics but we have some amazing Canadians, writers as well as politicians, that we should be proud of. I think the problem is we feel so helpless about much of the changes we see going on. The Sun says today the Liberals have changed the bucolic nature of the riding [Tsawwassen] into a industrial conduit. A lot of farmland is now being changed and used for other purposes. Their have been a lot of protest meetings so some of them voted against the Liberals to voice their opinion.

We all get tired of promises of politicans that are not kept but it does seem a little strange to be forced by law to vote. I guess Kenny agrees with it.

Another early morning for me but I will have a rest when dad goes to the doctor, his family doctor, at 11 this morning. Yes, you read right he now agrees he needs some medical advice. His chin is a mess with red bumps.
I am so glad they were able to make room for him today.

We are so fortunate to be able to go to the doctor at no cost and get some of our prescription fees paid.

I also wonder why there is so much spiritual apathy but I imagine the church has also let people down . Religion has caused problems but also been involved in starting schools and churches and helping the poor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, personaly, I dont think there is much reporting on issues up until the election. I mean, I watch the news every morning before work, but I dont know what any of the parties were for or against. Neither Randy or I voted, and even if we did we were just going to vote Green Party since we dont care, politicians are all the same, greedy and liars, they all raise taxes and steal from our pockets and then give the selves obscene raises.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes, I thought I would get a response. It does seem like the world is going to the dogs. love mom

Anonymous said...

Not all politicians are corrupt. What if they
took away your free Medical? Cheap perscroptions?
If you don't vote you have no say . It is so
sad the apathy in BC . That is why the new
immigrants are running BC , they know how
bad it can be and how they can take over
because the lazy fat Canadian won't get
off their asses and vote!
No I don't like to pay a fine when I miss a vote , but it better than the Canadian system.
Ken