Tuesday, May 5, 2009

UNSURE




" I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I have nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed indufficient for the day." Abraham Lincoln

Everyone has to deal with feelings of helplessness at times in their lives. I think of the pain many are going through losing their jobs, their homes and their health. Young people are shouting each other and sometimes it is the innocent that get caught in the battle.

I believe that we can never solve our problems in our own strength or wisdom. Difficult times will always drive me closer to God in desperation.
Dad thinks his whole face is getting worse and he is feeling helpless and depressed. He says the new cream is stinging and he feels a another boil coming.

It is not easy to keep going to the doctor but I think he should.

I read the prayers in the Old Testament full of anger against their enemies and I think for us now the enemy is cancer. Their problems were expressed in their prayers and as the good book says "But while God inhabits realms beyond our comprehension" He has promised to be with us in all our difficulties. As close as our breath waiting to be invited into our thoughts and into our mixed up, messy, imperfect lives.

We carry on our daily lives as best we can knowing we have much to be thankful for and continue each day to place our lives in His hands and pray for healing and for wisdom to know what to do next'

We mourn for a world so full of suffering; so many innocent and so many little ones suffering. None of us know what to-morrow may bring and it is by the grace of God we can face disappointments and fears.

I try to remember when I feel so very unloveable that there is a Unconditional Love that loves me. That is one thing I am sure of.


The other thing I am sure of is that I will be going into all of dad's visits at the doctors so I know what is being said!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you make it very difficult for me to skirt the god stuff when that is all you blog on.
Yes, going to the doctors over and over is the pits. I am not going my self cause I am afraid of being riduled for going to the naturopath. But, if dad goes and finds out it is supose to sting, supose to get worse before it gets better, boils are not uncomon, then he would at lease have some peace about what is happening.
At least it smells really good outside and all this rain will help the newly planted flowers.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes I thought I could break my blog into two parts ;Family news and the God stuff.

But it will not hurt you to have to skim over the God stuff. but it is my blog and it is Me! ! !

lol