Sunday, May 3, 2009

STIRRING

My evenning walk
Morgan likes her little people and their house.

When we feel faith stirring within us; a renewed hope, an awareness of life within, the courage to withstand the pressures of conformity and to be challenged by the words and the life of Jesus.

How do I keep the fire stirring within me when it is so easy just to coast along and stop challenging others to drink the new wine and taste the goodness of God not in the forbidden fruit but in the creativity of conviction.

"O love that fires the sun keep me burning." Bruce Cockburn

Carol Theresa and Morgan stopped by to see us yesterday afternoon but we all seem so very tired. I suggested snipping off the over-grown Bamboo bush and I think it would have been a good idea. Mikie and Ben came later after being at a day for Beavers. They play games and get badges. I should have taken a picture he had his face painted as the Joker.

Mary and Michael John were walking in the park with Justice. Yes, Sandra was there too! I often feel too tired to go for a walk but that is when I need it the most.

My faith also needs to come alive by being with others .
Jesus taught people outside in the open and told stories that spoke to their daily struggles and people were drawn to his simple wisdom.

Dad has surprised me by going to church. After we rest awhile and watch a litlle golf and a little hockey we will drop a card off for Chris.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just sitting here watching Matthew walk betwen funiture.
ken

Anonymous said...

You forgot that I was walking with Mary and MJ and Justice too.
Randy only had Sunday off from work, then he is back at it today.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I have now corrected that error.

Anonymous said...

Which church?

Love,

Rick