Saturday, May 30, 2009

FRAMING


We frame our picture of life with our experiences, our knowledge, our awareness of who we are and who we are meant to be, and our awareness of others.
Growing up during the war years it did not seem very real to me; even when I went to the movies and saw the news reels. I heard it on the news but could not picture myself being there.
Later I would read war stories and that impressed me because the characters were living out the battles.
Where do our dreams come from? our expectations? our ambitions? our compassion? and our ability to love one another?
There have been making books about Jesus picturing him in many different ways but I always seem to come back to the simple picture of a man of compassion who has given me a real awareness of God.
Yes I did go for a long walk yesterday but wanted to hear all about Janet's trip to China especially with Carol and Panteli being there. No word from them. Anyway I will go for a short walk now and enjoy the birds singing and the fresh morning air! !
IT IS GOOD TO HAVE SOME CHALLENGES IN LIFE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got an email from Panteli . It is hot he says.
The paint job looks better. We only saw the
before photo yesterday and couldn't work
out what he painted! Enjoy your walk.
Ken

Anonymous said...

DOES MATTHEW ANSWER THE PHONE? CAN YOU LEAVE A MESSAGE?

I COULD PHONE EVERYDAY AND HEAR HIM ! !