Tuesday, May 12, 2009

THE GOOD OLD DAYS

Kenny was always the funniest.


LOSING
It was very quiet on Scott Road last night because losing is heart-breaking. But it is certainly one lesson we have to learn in life. No matter what we dream about or plan for things do not happen the way we would like.

It is interesting that the first story in the Bible is about blaming and when a game is lost, a team is defeated, a battle lost there has to be some one to blame. The paper says today "I let my teammates down" which was Luongo's first reaction having let in 7 goals. I am sure that each player would be disappointed in their own efforts.

I firmly believe that there is too much emphases in life in being right and in winning. I know I had expectations as a wife and mother that would have been built upon my experiences growing up. Children were expected to be obedient and although we had great freedom in our playing and exploring our world I had to be home in time for meals. Not only be home in time but clean and tidy before I sat down.

In the afternoon I could take off on my bike and ride all over town. I would go to richer areas, or out to the Univercity, or out to the country I would ride for hours and be in my own little world. I was a dreamer and although I played many sports like volley-ball, basket-ball and took part in
sports day I soon learned that I had to accept losing. Second or third place never seemed good enough so I would always try hard to do my best.

I did not have a strong competitive spirit but I practiced hard and was never quite good enough. My biggest disappointment in my childhood was not being able to sing in the school choir. I tried out every year and was always sad when I did not make it. There was a group of about 20 of us who would be sent to a special classroom while the others would be particapating in choir practice. I was born with a love of singing and a love of music and now I am happy with that.

Looking back on our family no one was the "badest" you all took turns.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that is good to know that we all took turns at being the baddest, what about the goodest?
I was kind of getting tired of all of the horn honking too. I mean, if they only played games on the weekend it would not be so bad.
Did you and dad vote yet? What do you think of that election reform referendum thing?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes we voted and we voted for the election reform I think it gives other parties a fairer chance.