Thursday, May 7, 2009

GLADLY

Ken and Melina we would gladly send you our rain and you can send some sunshine over to us. I think this drab weather is making us all feel tired but going for a walk and just being out in the garden helps me. Jane and I got caught in a light rain walking home from Zellers. We had lunch out which we rarely do and dad has not been feeling like eating out. I think dad is doing better just a bit maybe I hope.

Kim took the bus over to visit us. She was playing scoccer last night and it was raining hard. She has joined a team of older ladies. She is a good sport. She still wants to go to Korea. She likes travelling; and wants to make money.

I will do my visiting at the nursing home. I do not visit so many now and I am always glad I went but I think I am slowly losing the spark to keep doing it.

Rick is coming down on Friday to do some work here and says he will go to church on Sunday. Then we have a gathering at Sandra's for mother's day and a farewell for Carol and Panteli.

Dad went into Ladner Library to read all the old hockey news. Do you remember when he broke his ribs. He kept playing and scored the winning goal!

I believe that our purpose in life is to serve one another, and inserving we become more aware of our own needs and the healing power of the soul within us all. There is an energy that can be awakened and transform us; to help us create a world of love, peace and harmony.

We all have heard of lost souls but this is a condition not just for the down and outers but for the rich and the proud. Our presence in the lives of others is a precious gift that I remind myself because I wish I could be doing more. But I just have to accept myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you mean that Dad went into the library.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

I thought she meant dad went into Langley...
Sandra

Anonymous said...

You are both wrong it was Ladner Library