Monday, July 12, 2010

CONTRASTS



This is the view from Murray's Penthouse on the 39th floor. Murray is Maidie's son and he hosted a gathering in memory of his mom.

I am glad that yesterday is over because I was very nervous going to a posh apartment on top of the world with a million dollar view. We were greeted very graciously and meet some good family friends. I learned a lot more about Madie and she was certainly the most hospital person inviting people to Christmas dinners etc.
We met a lady, who is building a huge house in Mexico, whose husband works with Ron Ateah; now that is amazing.

I think that I would be very bored if I lived there so high above the real world. Madie was proud of her son and he was good to her and it was a wonderful idea to have this get together. On a small table there were some pictures and a letter written by her grandson. A very touching and personal letter written by a young lad who is finding his way in life hard.

I am glad that our feet are very much on the ground and that we can do things ourselves, with our own hands and our own imaginations. I am building a garden and a comfortable home while dad does his decks and his ponds. The garden and the pond are a real challenge but some one else does not design anything for us, so perfection is not to be our claim to fame.

I felt a little lost and I was glad to be home. I am so thankful that there are always so many things to do around here that keep me busy and happy. I like our neighbors and I like it when people stop and say they like my garden even though it needs a lot of rearranging but as long as there is colour I am happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you made it, and I assume with out any detours since you did not mention them? My apoligies for my language yesterday, sometimes the first people you vent to are the ones to get the full blast. But like I said, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thankfull for our family. Mom and Dad, you are not perfect, you do not have wings on your backs or halo's on your heads, but you did a great job of raising the bunch of us to be normal messed up people, I have seen with my own eyes just how worse off we could have been! Sandra

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind living on the 39th floor penthouse with a view of Vancouver harbour. I could get use to that pretty quick.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

That is just what dad said. I would feel like I was in prison, in a world where everything was sterile and perfect. I would take your little place on the lake where I could go for walks and meet real people and if I want go out in my row boat.

So we are all different.

Dad is going to make an outlet so he can listen to his radio in his hide a way but he has to cut down some nasty prikle bushes first.

A lot of work. I would just buy a battery working radio.

love mom

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.