Saturday, July 3, 2010

TRAVELLERS



Our family is in various travelling spaces; as Craig flies home from Manchester London, Sandra and Randy fly to Mexico for a wedding of Randy's daughter, and Rick will be driving down from Kamploops to-morrow. Ken and Hobey will be here until Tues when they fly back to Australia.

I am travelling in my spiritual journey as I look into the words of Jesus again. I have no doubt that his most important words where for us to love one another. This is a great challenge in a world of unlovable people. "Love thy neighbor as thyself". So to begin with I have to be honest about my own faults and the baggage that I carry with me from my childhood that causes me to feel unlovable, or unworthy of being loved. I am reminded how great a gap there is between divine love and human love. The love of God is freely given unconditionally; which is a hard concept for us to grasp.

"To be is to be loved by God"

This truth is hard for us to grasp and unless we also grasp the truth of grace we will not travel in to a deeper understanding of love that transforms us from within.
We learn to love as we have experienced it and as we develope new relationships that challenge the strength of the love we treasure within us.

No comments: