Sunday, July 18, 2010

IMAGINE


Down to the beach we head to enjoy the ocean breeze, the warm sand, the fish and chips and the holiday atmosphere. We are completely happy to spend this time together and just enjoy being with all the different groups of people, sunbathing or walking their dogs, or riding their bikes or just sitting on a bench enjoying the view. Our help is not needed at home so off we go. Our world is changing and we find that the biggest change for us is to accept the grace of old age. Yes, we miss the things we use to be able to do but can now enjoy watching others have fun.

Life is a pure gift, a gift from God, to be received with gratefulness. I come to realize that there is a lot to living and to loving; some beyond my understanding. I know for sure that it is never a good idea to compare your life with others. There will always be smarter, more talented, more gifted people. I have asked questions of life and now I find it is asking me the questions.

We are all just a tiny grain of sand in the huge beach that stretches endless before me. But each one is important to make a sand castle. As we join our lives with others we contribute what only we can give. Each one of us is important in our own way.

I enjoy this afternoon and the freedom of being happy and content because the joy and pleasure will go home with me.

Looking out at the great expanse of the ocean allows me to imagine many things. I love going to this old hotel and being aware of the many people who have come and enjoyed a day or a week just like I am doing.

We are temporal and yet we are eternal.
We are finite and yet we are infinite.
We are a part of something greater than ourselves.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture mom, it looks like one from that guy...you know, that picture paining guy?
Sandra

beth bennett said...

How can you comment when I have just this moment fineshed or did you just see the picture. I had several pictures and it was hard to choose. Thanks.
love mom

Anonymous said...

haha I was just going to comment on that photo. it looks alot like that 19th ceturny painting.
kim
thanks for saying all those nice things about me.
your pretty awesome yourself