Wednesday, July 21, 2010

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS


I have had many blessings in this life and one that is especially meaningful to me was that I was able to hold little baby Madeline. She was such a beautiful and precious little one who lived only a few short months.

I am so thankful for our children and grandchildren and these great-grandchildren in this picture. I still have many questions about "why" things happen the way they do and about human nature.

Reading someone else's thoughts and ideas helps me to still my own thoughts. I like hearing about what is happening in other people's lives and I try to be a good friend.

I missed going to school when we were married and started our family. I had enjoyed learning and then the church gave me the opportunity to join groups and learn and study with others, I jumped right in. I started out with a Baptist group who were very strong in their faith and how to live it and share it. I was very silent for the first year because I heard so many different ideas and I felt a little out of my depth. We became good friends and it was a good experience for me.

I like our study groups where we discuss where we are in our learning process. I still have times when I wonder why I have done or said something that was stupid.

I think the study of philosophy and the whole questions of ethics and moral behavior and our inner motivation and outer acts lead to asking questions. Some of the greatest minds have wrestled not only with human behavior but with the question of God. Is there a God? Can we experience His presence? His love and His strength.

If only I had the power over my own deep inner emotional life then I would have the power to control the negative thoughts. Jesus says love your neighbor as yourself.
There seems to be this great hunger and need for love. Lives have been changed when the life has been captured by the love of Jesus and the desire to reach out to others.

Our life is drawing to a close and I would like to leave a few thoughts for my family. I am still getting to know each one knowing that we never really know another person.

Dad and i had a good walk through the big water-shed park and found new paths and I was lost most of the time. We took our cameras but should have had whistles or cell-phones because we did get separated from one another. One reason was that when I went ahead I would go on the wrong path. Cathy across the street wants to go with me and walk her dog in there. Murphy can be off the leash and he has a great time.
I am not sure what is planned for today except dad is working on the pond in the front yard. I very very hard job with heavy rocks and heavy pool liner. I am not needed to give my advice and I have tried to save a few plants so I guess I have a little gardening instinct in me.

We find our happiness in different ways and that is good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad is still working on the pond? And I was going to tell you yesterday to make sure to take your phones, but figured you did not need to be reminded.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Or maybe we could have little bells on!

Anonymous said...

Well, maybe like bicycle bells that you can ring pretty loud, it is amazing how fast you get travel in oposite directions!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

nice and hot for you today.Jasmine had shots today , she cried .
Ken

Anonymous said...

It's tough being a baby, or a parent, or getting older. I think the pond is too much for dad but he is determined to do it. I find the garden keeps me busy continually.
I guess the race is on today we put it on every morning.
Glad you are keeping in touch.
love mom