Saturday, July 10, 2010

HOT, TIRED AND CRANKY


That is me. I nearly fall asleep again waiting for the computer to start. I am thankful it is a little cooler and I slept a lot better which is always a blessing. I think about our travellers and all the changes they have to endure in modern day transportation. Sandra and Randy will be back on the airplane today after what according to their pictures has been a great holiday.

Dad and I do not seem to know what to do with ourselves but the new deck was perfect for sitting out on. My problem is I start to read and I fall asleep. I know my library books are going to be due any day now and I have already renewed them twice.
Fighting a very nasty cough and cold does not help my disposition.

I start cleaning out cupboards and I am going around muttering we have too much stuff. Where does it all come from? Where can I give it away too and what should I throw away. I gave the portable playpen bed to Ava because Uri is now managing to sorta move and is not content to be in one place. She actually took him camping to Salt Spring where they build mud houses and sleep in tents. Unbelievable.

Today we may drive out to Chilliwack to the park where Morgan will be having a big party. Theresa was surprised that all the people she asked can actually come so she has been busy preparing. Carol is coming by to borrow our table.

To-morrow we go to a high rise in Vancouver for a family and friends get together to remember Maidie Dunlop. She was so good to us when we first moved here. It was a very lonely time for me as dad started work right away. I did learn how to ride the buses and did find a job. But it ended up my job was bringing up my children and looking after your dad.

Reading about the Old Testament which I do not take as literal because all the stories about gods at that time where very mixed up, I think it gives a good picture of our human nature and how weak and foolish we can be, but I do not think it reveals a true picture of the heart of God. Thankfully Jesus does that but then others come along to tell us what he really said and what he really meant.

In the Old Testament they were looking for the promised land and in the New Testament it is the Kingdom of God. Somewhere along the way Greek and Roman philosophy got involved in the picture and couldn't decided where the important thing is the material world or the immaterial. Plato and Aristotle.

I am a woman of faith none the less.


This picture is one of my favorite restaurants where we stopped after dropping off the boys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Madie die? When did that happen? Dont you hate getting a cold in the summer, it just seems so wrong? Oh, and can you ask dad to call Cameron, they are going to the bank to see about a morgage, but if dads freind can help in any way with a better rate that would be great. See you tommorrow god willing! ( I gave Randy the last of my adavan for the wedding so I am flying au natural)
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes it was on one of my blogs. We went up to the hospital but where too late.

Off to Morgan's party in the park
love mom

Anonymous said...

What restaurant is that? I have only very vague memories of going to visit "Stan and Maidie" when I was quite young.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

That is a place in Richmond on the way to the airport. It is on Bridgeport Road. It has been there for years. They have steak and kidney pie and fish and chips etc.
love mom