Thursday, July 29, 2010

FRIENDSHIP



Friendships weave a special Happiness into our lives as we share our lives an our concerns. Cathy has a bad cold right now so we are not walking together. I have not been in the Watershed for a week and it was on the street I had a talk with the stranger.

Over the years of visiting Kay at the Nursing Home we had developed a friendship in which we really cared about each other. I was thankful that the card saying she had moved came in the mail before I visited her empty room because that is always a shock. I was hurt that I had not been told by phone that she was leaving as I would have gone to say good-bye and it would have been sad but it would have been the way to end our visits together. I have sent her card that I meant to take over for her birthday but visiting her now she has moved to Burnaby will be difficult and next to impossible. I do not like driving and that would be too far for me now. If it was easier for her this way then it is okay.

I have taken July off from visiting the Newton Nursing Home because of family visiting and my own need just to rest up and catch my breath. I felt and I still do that it was the right thing to do.

"Abandon the fruitless search for reason and logic and discover the mystical laws of grace and be free from the ordinary thought working process." Caroline Myss. I had written this down several weeks ago in my journal and now find it helpful. I need to learn from all my experiences the grace of compassion and the grace of acceptance.

"Grace filled moments come unexpectedly into all our lives". But at other times they have to be invited into the soul allowing peace and tranquility to replace the questioning of life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A week with out a walk in the watershed, then you really will get lost when you go in next? Did you and Kimberly do your walk in there yet? Maybe we could do that tommorrow if she sleeps over, I can come in the morning for breakfast and then we could go.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Sandra
I have a lung test to-morrow at 9 so maybe 10 or so would be okay
I will check with Kim today,

love mom

beth bennett said...

Joven I went on your blog but there was no where to comment.
I am not good at this. I did not see any writting.

Anonymous said...

It is nice that you eventually figured out where that lady was moved to. Maybe she had little choice in the matter as to when and how she was relocated. I'm sure she will appreciate your card in any event.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Yes - it is quite amazing how the world works - just before I read your blog today we were in zellers and were talking to a young lady who was so positive on life. She had recently lost her fiance, and as she said - it made her realize what was important in life - and friends were it appeared at the top of her list - she was a little blessing to us both.

Anonymous said...

that was me above

larry

it appears my google account does't
like me