Saturday, July 31, 2010

WOW


I went for a really big walk today and was so full of energy it was awesome. I also had three people, two strangers, one an old friend say nice things to me as I was walking. A bicycle rider wheezed by me and said have a nice day, a lady watering her garden told me I had a bright spirit as I smiled as I walked by and then an old friend waiting at the lights rolled down his window and said how good it was to see me! I was surprised and pleased.

Came home and did some watering, some grass cutting, and some laundry and then had a big nap. Now I am reading Spong and finding he makes a lot of sense. "To state that religion is revealed truth is to invest it with power, to compel conformity, to enable non-conformists to be effectively silenced."

Even saying that I cannot deny that the knowledge one gains by reading the Bible has a powerful message, the life of the spirit still lives for me in it's words. We translate it to better understand it and I believe that within the pages there are insights into our humanity with all it's neediness and frailty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good day, maybe I should get out and walk too.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am inviting anyone who has time to have a walk in the woods.
Kim and dad and I did after you left.

love mom

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling energized and affirmed. It was good to see you in church this morning. Jane.