Sunday, July 25, 2010

TOO EXCITED


Too excited to sleep, which is a good sign for some one turning 73. Life is still exciting and I am so looking forward to our day away at the lake. It will be a fun day and I know the girls have had fun planning it.

I had a picture of a chopped tree with all the rings showing which I was tempted to put on my blog this morning. Every time we go in the forest i am amazed at how grand and tall the trees are. There are huge trunks left standing, I am glad this is a family place, a dog place and a bike riding place, a space that is well travelled.

I decided to go with a colorful picture of my neighbors handing basket. The world is so full of color and beauty that fills our senses with the joy of living. I am sure my parents where excited when I was born and pleased to have a girl after Brian had arrived first. Babies do change your life and they all grow up too quickly.

I appreciated the article Douglas Todd wrote in the Sun on Saturday on three of the types of Christians. There are the Conservatives and the Liberals and the Moderate.
I started out liberal with a strong faith that was very real; before I drifted into conservative where I was attracted to the openness of people to share their faith and their commitment to the Bible. Now I am more moderate I take the Bible "seriously but not literally" and I believe in the Resurrection which I think is what our faith is built on. I believe a virgin birth may be possible but like the story of creation it has a mythical quality about it. Myths are powerful and impact our lives with truth that is everlasting.

Just like their are many colors and many paths I respect what others believe and I want my faith that is so important to me to be respected too. In this life there will be joy and sorrow and my faith in the love of God has helped me in the stormy times.

No comments: