Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A DAY BEHIND


I thought that Kim was arriving Thursday night but she is coming to-night. Theresa and Mikie will drop her off at about 1 or 2 and then come back in the morning. This will help Carol and Panteli who are in the middle of moving; bu they will be here in the morning too.

A beautiful day for walking this morning. Then good conversation with Jane and Geff out on their deck. The afternoon was lovely and warm with a gentle breeze. I had a lazy afternoon although I tried to read and kept falling asleep.

So the next while will be busy again with happy family times. I am reminded again and again how much we have to be thankful for.

FAIRNESS
All I would really like is for life to be fair. If we thought life was fair we would not be filled with feelings of anger and bitterness and jealousy, always wanting more and more. If we thought life was fair would it end all wars?

Why does one poor soul come to my door, to ask if I have any cans to give to him so he can cash them in for money. He is always grateful and cheerful as he limps away. I know he has health problems and alcohol problems but I do not know his story why he is living on the streets. I ask him if he would like a drink of water but he refuses. What part did fate or life's unfairness play in his life?

Has life been fair?

I decide that I am a very earth bound child of the Creator. Maybe others can shut the door on life's misfortunes but life would be much fairer if we all helped a little. Only angels are meant to fly above and look down upon us poor mortals.

No matter how one interrupts the words of Jesus his life-style spoke for him. No wonder he got angry at the cheating and unfairness that went on in the temple and his anger at the priests in their holy robes of piety and their blindness to the poverty and needs of the people made him furious.

We know life will never be fair and for some everything will go right and for others they will always have to struggle. As I hear the news reports and all the corruption among those in power and authority I realize that deep in their hearts they suffer from addictions and depression and weaknesses just like the rest of us.

Today I want to go to the dollar store to buy a few simple stickers for our child in Sri Lanka. She is four years old and so happy to go to pre school where she is learning to colour and dance and sing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe life is fair, you just need to dig deeper?
Sandra

larry bennett said...

Yes, I agree that life is certainly not always fair, and it seems often some have very good "luck" and others appear to have a little black cloud that follows them around.

A book Carol gave me (forgot the name as usual) gives some very interesting insights into the lives of succesful people and the many background events that gave them the opportunity to become the people they became.
I'm sure the same could be done for the unfortunate persons that due to many variables end up like our bottle man. I think nest time he and I have a talk I will try and get a bit of his story.

AND SANDRA ... I EXPECT A DEEPER COMMENT FROM YOU THE THINKER.